Chapter 20

"Give me a chance to rekindle the flame of love."

"JUNGKOOK! NO!" She shot open her eyes, running towards his room.

"Open the door, he needs me!", she screamed, holding the handles as two nurses dragged her away. Struggling in their grip, a fresh pool of tears walked down her cheeks, "L-Leave me, he-he needs me. My J-Jungkook needs me."

She whimpered as her friend pulled him away, capturing her in his arms. "J-Jungkook left me Hoseok. He l-left me. He can't do this to me. My J-Jungkook can't leave me", she crushed the fabric of his shirt in her tiny fists as a tear rolled down his own eyes, "Nothing will happen to h-him... he is fine... he hasn't left you. He will never leave you."

"Promise me that he will n-never leave me."

He gulped, not knowing how to answer. Sighing heavily, he nodded his head with closed eyes, "I p-promise."

"Miss Y/N?", the doctor called out as she sprinted towards him, followed by Hoseok, "You are lucky. He is fine, just a little weak. We have bandaged his cuts and his temperature is normal now. He is awake. Nothing to worry. You can meet him."

She made eye contact with Hoseok, her eyes had an evident fear in them. She didn't know how to face him, after knowing how much she had made him suffer.

I have made him hate me in my own way.

Drooping her head down, she gasped, agitation clearly visible, "He-he will never agree to let me t-take care of him. Hoseok, I am s-scared to face him after everything."

Hoseok smiled gently, enfolding his hands. "You are strong Y/N, give it a try. Ask him."

Bobbing her head in disappointment, she said in a cracked voice, "I know he will never a-agree."

"JEON JUNGKOOK?" A high pitched voice echoed in the hallway as they both caught hold of a woman in her late 20s, striding towards Jungkook's room. Passing her a disgusted look, she pushed the door, squealing, "Jungkook? Honey? Oh my god-"

A deep hoarse voice, with an unamused tone cut her off, "How dare you come back even after I warned you Eun-Jae? How can you be so pathetic?"

"Jungkook I love you-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP. JUST SHUT UP. GET LOST BEFORE I CALL THE COPS ON YOU."

"Mom?", she gawked as her son called out to her softly. "She troubles dad alot. She is such a meanie." She laughed, finally, after a long time. Her eyes were half closed, firstly out of tiredness and secondly because of her son. A pink hue on her white cheeks indicated she had drunk to keep up with her sanity.

"Let's go and meet dad now. I'll ask him to let you stay with us."

She halted, in fear and amazement. It was gonna be a rough moment.

JUNGKOOK'S POV

"Dad?" A voice which pleasured him the most, called out to him as he sat, facing the glass window. Clear images of 3 people on the window imprinted his eyes as a wave of anger rose in him, seeing the person he had never wished to see, Jung Hoseok. His jaws clenched, eyes turned red and fists tightened as he tried to cool down his temperament.

"Subin", he smiled fondly, welcoming him in his embrace as he wrapped his tiny hands around his waist.

He killed Yumi.

Blinking away the tears he gobbled down the urge to hug her. Her eyes were red and puffy, making it hard for him to see her state.

"J-Jungkook?", she called his name, melting his heart and making him forget his pains but he ignored her.