Chapter 43

"I'll be your light, if it gets too dark."

He sighed, turning to his left, pulling the duvet closer to his chest. His eyes were closed, breathing was calm, heart was racing slowly, yet painfully. 

Suddenly a tear rolled down his cheek. A sob escaped his lips, he licked them quickly, squeezing his eyes tightly. He quickly got up, wiped the tears and heaved in a heavy breath. He picked up his phone and glanced at the time. 

Again, a nightmare.

It had been 3 days here already and he had no idea why suddenly he was having nightmares about his deceased best friend all of the sudden. He got off the bed and walked in to the bathroom to clean himself.

~

Walking in the gallery while admiring the beautiful flowerpots and paintings, she couldn't help but click pictures. 

I hope my life gets to blossom like these flowers.

"Excuse me", she called out to an elderly man.He stopped, looking at her with his soft eyes, "Yes?" 

"Can you please click a picture of me sir?" she spoke, with a slight smile on her lips. Her heart blossomed as the man agreed.

"You are such a pretty young lady. You should click pictures here with your husband too", she flinched, eyes numbing with coldness. Her throat formed a hard lump, blood turning cold. 

"I..I", she hesitated. What should she say? Should she say that she is unmarried or that she is a divorcee? 

"I.. I am not married sir", her gaze dropped on the floor, hands bawled into a fist. The nervousness was racing through her blood. The man nodded, walked closer to her and patted her head, "I am sure you'll find yourself a wonderful man."

The man left, leaving her with thousands of thoughts to ponder over. The wind hit her face, her hair danced along, "I already had. But sometimes wonderful things give the worst pain. "

She shook her head in disappointment and turned away, ready to leave. Suddenly she halted. A roar of waves caught her attention, and she walked towards the direction of the sound. She reached the end of the floor and peeped out of the window, the majestic beach was at the service. Her eyes brightened up, she felt the joy in her heart. Her lips curled up, the smile reaching her eyes after a long time. She tucked her hair behind her ears, "I am coming to you baby!"

She barged into her room, switched on the lights and ran to her luggage. Her hands rummaged through the huge suitcase like a maniac and in no time she found her favorite bikini. 

The red bikini complimented her so well. Her curves looked heavenly. Her long lavender dyed hair rested against her hips, swaying from left to right. Her pale skin, bare face, blue eyes, everything looked beautiful. No wonder she was a crush of many in her high school. She stood in front of the mirror, staring at her reflection. Her eyes had warmness after so long, "I look sexy."

She strolled through the corridors, with a white netted shrug on her body, the red bikini peeping through. All the eyes were fixed on her, staring at her as if she was a goddess. Well, she was. She was the goddess of someone's heart. 

She reached closer to the staircase, ready to go down when she suddenly heard a voice. A ver familiar one. Her eyes went wide, heart started to race like a crazy. She turned around in a speed of light, her grip on her phone tightened. Oh how she wanted it to be a delusion yet real. She gulped the lump, walked towards the door and peeped in. 

A man in a black tux, his back was facing her, stood there, talking on his phone. Her eyes squinted, browed furrowed, lips quivered. Was it really happening?