2. power 🌹

POWER
—you're the man, but i got the power—

"Keilani Hale." Ciro walks into the basement.

Shit.

"Pretty name, did your mamma or papa name you?" He sits on the wooden chair, legs spread wide, smug smirk over his lips.

"Doctor did." I smile, not lying either. Momma always tells me the story about the midwife being diagnosed with cancer while treating my momma, her name was Keilani, she passed a couple hours before i was born and momma wanted to thank her for helping during the pregnancy.

I love my name and the meaning behind it. Hearing it come form his mouth makes me want to puke.

"I was going to dispose of you but i actually deem you and your family quite useful so i think i'll hold onto you." He looks at me, "What was it like growing up with assassins for parents? And grandparents... and great-grandparents. Did you follow in suite?"

"What do you want?" I roll my eyes, bored of this conversation already.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, princess." He stands up, "How can i contact your mom?"

"You're better off just killing me." I shrug.

"Can't let you go that easy, we just got started." He crouches in front of me again.

"Well i'd rather die than let any member of my family help a greedy, Italian scum like you-" His hand slaps my face again, i'm going to have a handprint there, "Are you that scared to fight me, big boy? Need to keep me chained."

"Keeping you chained so you don't run, puttana." He grabs my jaw, again, "I would floor you in a heartbeat, assassin training or not." Bitch

"I beg to differ." I keep my eyes on his, "But sure, whatever feeds your ego."

He smiles, licking his tongue over his bottom lip and letting go of my face to stand properly. He takes his phone out of his pocket and snaps a couple pictures of me. Then shouts something in Italian.

"I hope you like flying." He mumbles, then a blondie runs in.

"Capo."

"Send those to Declan Hale." He hands the phone to blondie.

"The assassin?"

"That's the one, make sure he gets the message loud and fucking clear. Tell him and his wife i'll be keeping their daughter until they do some work to earn her back. In Italy."

"Yes, capo." Blondie glances my way before trotting back up the stairs.

Ciro looks out of the door and mumbles something to someone else in Italian and then a smaller, more scrawny boy makes his way over. He looked fucking terrified as he glanced in my direction.

"Are you scared, Gio?" Ciro stands back.

"No." Gio coughs, pulling a key hanging off a chain from around his neck.

He makes his way over here, refusing to look in my eyes as he starts with unlocking the shackle around my left hand. My less dominant hand.

But as soon as my arms fall free, i stretch my hand out and shake it, right before hitting Gio in the jaw with my fist.

"Leave." Ciro sighs at Gio, "And tell Elena to get the bathroom ready."

"Yes, capo." He scurries away like a rat.

"See, i was going to trust you but that just blew your chances." He pulls the key out, grabbing my hand with his hand, tightly. Then, he undoes the other shackle and before i get the chance to even flex my fingers, he pins them in front of me, pulling his tie off and tying my wrists together.