13. demon high 🪙

DEMON HIGH
—and I cancel my whole wide world just to gain your trust—

Nicolas walks into the warehouse and as soon as he does, i put a bullet in his thigh. "What the fuck?" He falls to the ground, clutching the bloody mess.

I look back down at the word search i'm doing, circling the next word i found. "Ciro?" He raises his voice, "Wanna explain why you just fucking shot me?"

"No." I circle another word.

"What the fuck man?" He looks at Stefan sitting in the corner of the room. He doesn't like rapists either. "Stefan help-"

"Shut up." Stefan holds his finger up.

"What the fuck is going on, Ciro? Why'd you just shoot me?" He leans against the door.

I finish circling the last word and then look down at him, "After Mamma died, i gave you and the rest of the bastard brothers one rule, what was it?"

He gulps, shrugs, tries acting cool.

"What was it Nicolas?"

"To not lay hands on a woman if she didn't ask for it." He says quietly.

"And why did i give you only that rule?"

"Because mamma would kill me if i -"

"Try again."

"Because that's the way mamna went out." He says finally. And he's right. That's the reason my mother took her life in the room next door to mine. Because of a bastard man that couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

"Right." I stand up, "So... Not only do you disrespect my orders, Nick. But you also do the thing that took your mother out of this world."

Realisation wipes over his face and he starts to shake his head, "No. I didn't-"

"Keilani Hale." I say, her name sending goosebumps down my body.

Only two more guys and then i have to gift her something. I was so disgusted when i found out what Nicolas done, even more disgusted at myself for bringing it up to her.

I hate that i did that.

And i hate how horrible i made her feel. I haven't seen her in three months, not voluntarily. I check up on her every now and then, whenever she's in the cafe. When she goes to the gym, i make sure i have my eyes on her. She hasn't noticed me, and if she has then she makes no means to do anything about it.

I feel guilty. I hate feelings things. I haven't felt things for years. She makes me feel things. Guilt, anger, jealousy- the jealousy one took me off guard.

I shouldn't have been jealous. All she did was talking to a married man, the owner of the gym is a married, gay man and i got stupidly jealous.

I hated that sight.

I don't know how to deal with emotions. Mamma was the only one who allowed me to talk about my feelings. I never had many when i was a kid. I was angry most of the time, the other times i was loving my mamma. That was all. There'd be the odd time i was jealous she was spending more time with one of her other kids than with me.

But nothing this strange.

I never toss and turn in my sleep thinking about my mamma. I do when i think about Keilani. I sleep after i've tortured one of the guys from that group, and i wake up happy.

Happy. I wake up fucking happy.

"What's she got to do with this-"

"So you remember her?" I lean against my desk, arms crossed. "Tell me what you remember."

He shakes his head, eyes watering. "Carlo is gonna kill you-"

"I told Carlo that we have a rapist for a brother and he told me to kill you." I tilt my head to the side, "I told Enzo and he said the same thing. I'm pretty sure if Matteo was still alive to hear that he would have fucking shot you himself."

"I was drunk-"

"No you weren't." I stand up properly, "I'm not gonna kill you." I slide my hands into my pockets.

His face washed over with relief and i almost cracked a smile at that.

"I'm gonna let her do it." I walk to him, pressing my heel into the bullet wound of his thigh. "Papa gave me the responsibility of you. You took the leeway i gave you for granted, you raped and drugged a poor girl." I dig my heel in further, relieved to see his face in excruciating pain.

"You're going to pay for the consequences, along with every other bastard that touched her that night, hear me?" I stomp down on his thigh, his scream was like music to my fucking ears. "And i'm going to make sure she takes the longest time with you. Not even papa raised you to be so low. He would kill you to."

"Ciro i'm sorry, it was a mistake, we were having fun." He cries.

I grab the back of his neck and pull him up, "Stefan and I had fun at the bar the other night. We didn't drug a girl and rape her. Having fun and being a predator is two different things, Nicolas. And i hope she teaches you that fucking lesson." I push him to Stefan, "Put him with the others."

"Others?" Nicolas's eyes widen.

I open the door and Stef starts dragging Nicolas throughout the warehouse. Good.

I sit back down in the chair, hearing him scream and try and fight off Stefan but i ignore it. I have five of them now. Two more to go. Ones already dead and i'm angry he wasn't kept around so i could torture him.

My phone rings on the table and i lift it up, "Hello?"

"You never came around." Junipers rich voice fills up the speaker, "And i want to know what happened between you and my daughter, she hasn't been the same since she returned."

I never went around because as much as it would bring me some sort of peace, hearing about my mamma from someone else's perspective, i never wanted to hurt Keilani again by seeing her.

She would find me intrusive in her home having a conversation with her mother after i blamed her for something that wasn't ever her fault. And i respected that. So i never went.

But hearing she hasn't been the same stirs something in me. I have a feelings it's to do with me.

"I've been busy." I ignore the last part.

"Can you spare some time? Don't worry, none of my children are home, nor my pathetic excuse of a husband. Marissa said a lot about you."

"I'll be over in thirty." I hang up. I take my gun everywhere with me. I slide that into my belt and pull my jacket on, walking down to the basement where five boys hung from the ceiling.

Stefan was just finished tying Nicolas up. "Where you going?" He asks.

"Out." I look at all of them, focusing on Nicolas, "You know, it wasn't only mammas situation that made me so mad when i found out you had a part of this."

"Don't even say it, Ciro." He says, tears streaming down his face.

I stand infromt of him, grabbing his jaw, "Imagine how Keilani feels after eight of you guys did that to her. It only took three for Sofia to die. Keilani was only a year older than her-"

"Shut up." He spits out, his face turning red.

"Piece of shit." I hit the palm of my hand on his forehead with force.

I walk away from him, Stefan following after me. "Find the other two when i'm away, don't go after them." I glare at him.

"Yes sir." He saluted jokingly, walking back into my office.

I grab my car keys, and i drive the familiar directions back to the Hales home.

=
=
=
=
=

Yea drama

word count: 1320