58. dark red 🪙

DARK RED
-honey i belong with you and only you-

"Is this Ciro Ferrari?" A lady asks over the phone.

"Who's asking?"

"Hi it's Athena... Agent Hamada's girlfriend. Keilani is in the hospital with a broken rib and a stab wound, she kept telling me not to call you but i thought you should be here."

For fucks sake.

"What hospital?" I sigh.

She tells me the hospital name and i bring her some extra clothes. I get in my car, driving to the hospital as fast as i could.

"Keilani Hale?" I say to the woman at the front desk.

"Room 7, floor 3."

I smile as a thanks, taking the stairs up to her room.

She was laying on her side, eyes closed, hand under her cheek. Athena was sitting at the chair beside her bed, "Oh, hi."

"She asleep?" I walk in.

"No." Keilani clears her throat, "What are you doing here?"

"Quit the attitude, Hale. What the fuck happened?" I look at her hand.

My ring isn't there.

"And where the fuck is your ring?"

She opens her eyes, taking a breath. "Ciro, i'm really not in the mood so just fuck off."

"Where's the damn ring, Keilani?"

"It's the compartment of my car." She wipes her cheeks.

"Athena, give us a minute yeah?" I walk further into the room.

Athena walks out of the room quickly.

I pull the chair around to the side where Keilani is faced. "What happened, amore?" I wipe her tears.

She looks up at me through her eyelashes, "He pinned me down, broke my ribs and would have raped me again if Athena wasn't there. Then i come here and you're more worried about a damn ring than you are me."

We need to go to fucking couples therapy at this point.

"No i'm not." I rub her cheek, "I promise."

"Look you were right, i shouldn't have gone alone." She sniffs, "i don't wanna talk, i don't even want to be here."

"I'll see if i can get you discharged, yeah?" I stand up.

She closes her eyes again, "I'm still mad at you."

"I know." I pinch her nose gently, walking out of the room. I walk to the pod where the nurses were, "When can the patient in room 7 be discharged?"

"We're just waiting on some blood works and then she'll be free to go." The nurse smiles.

I nod my head, walking back into her room. I grab her hand but she pulls it away, keeping her eyes closed.

I don't push her.

I sit with her in complete silence while we wait on the blood works results.

They conducted everything was fine and that she had no infection. I pull the clothes i bought out and step out of the room while Athena helps her change.

Athena walks out, "She's crying."

"Is she in pain?"

"She broke her ribs and got stabbed."

"What medication can she take to help numb it?"

"Morphine, codine, ibuprofen— you can buy ibuprofen over the counter."