24. dress 🌹

DRESS
-made your mark on me, a golden tattoo-

Paul Grey is walking his dogs right now, three of them, dobermans.

I could take him out right here, shoot him, let his dogs run wild but i don't want to do that. Because i want him to be in pain.

I watch him from across the pond as he takes his dogs off the leash, throwing them each a stick. He stays back, eyes heavy, shoulders slouched.

"Just shoot him and get it over with." I hear his voice. It's like the bite mark on my shoulder just started to bruise out of nowhere again.

"What do you want?" I slide my hands into my pockets.

"Making sure you're doing what you said you would."

"It's none of your business what i do with them." I keep my eyes on Paul. "Go away."

His hand grabs the back of my neck and he pulls my hair slightly so that i'm looking at him, i look into his icy eyes, he's devastatingly beautiful.

"I can't stop thinking about you, Keilani." He says quietly, looking around my face.

I grab his wrist, twisting myself under his arm so i'm facing him properly, "You don't get to say that, Coin."

"Why?" He asks quietly.

Because i can't deal with that.

"I said so, that's why." I take his hand away from my hair, i can't be bothered to fight today. I'm only here to figure out Paul's routine.

He sighs, "You avoid feelings at every chance you get, you know that?"

"Really?" I  turn to look at Paul again, "Because i feel a lot of hatred toward you and i don't avoid that."

His lips twitch, "Don't lie to me, cara." He stands right behind me, our bodies gently brushing off each other.

I lick my lips, "This is my second week watching Paul. He comes every day at this exact time, after this he'll go to his therapists office, after that, he'll walk home. He'll spend the rest of his night playing on his XBOX."

"He'll go to his therapist, then he'll visit his grandmas grave." Coin says, "It's Thursday, he does that on Thursdays. Leaves flowers."

I look at Coin, "Why are you watching him?"

"Because if you're going to be too scared to rid of them, i will. You want it painful? I'll make it painful." He glances down at my lips.

"You said you hated me."

"So did you." He bends his head down, "If you can lie, why can't i?"

I glance down at his lips, the slight chaps in them. He makes the first move, pushing his lips on mine. I turn to face him, holding the back of his head as i literally have to tiptoe up to kiss him properly.

He holds my face in his cold hands, tilting my head to the side a little bit, his tongue running over my bottom lip.

This is wrong.

I tried to kill him.

I move away, but his hand on my cheek was oddly comforting. I lean into his hand, "How do you plan on making it hurt?"

He rubs his thumb in my cheek gently, "One of my men is about to approach him with a parcel from me. Inside is going to be his toothbrush."

"Toothbrush?"

"Emotional torture is the best type." His eyes don't leave mine, "I'm going to make him absolutely terrified."

"How did you get into his house? He has 24 hour police protection on his home?" I have to sneak into the abandoned house opposite his house and watch him from the window.