59. best years 🌹

BEST YEARS
- i wanna hold your hand while we're growing up-

When i wake up, my eyes land on a sleeping Ciro. He was leaned up right against the nightstand, head titled back, his mouth open slightly and his hand still connected to mine.

I would let him sleep in the bed but i'm getting bad memories and i don't want to trigger anything, at the same time i don't want him to go and sleep somewhere else because i want him here with me.

I watch him sleep, the way his mouth closes slightly when it gets too dry but then opens straight away. It's no wonder we both wake up so thirsty in the morning, we both sleep with our mouths open.

He's so pretty when he's peaceful.

After a while of staring at him, i got anxious there was somebody behind me even though i knew that there wasn't.

I let go of his hand gently and get out of the bed, pulling the blanket with me as i lay between him and the bed.

He makes a soft sound, "Hm, baby?"

"I'm fine, go back to sleep." I wrap my hand around his abby finger.

"Why are you on the floor? You should be on the bed so you don't hurt yourself anymore." He shuffles over a little bit so we're not so cramped.

"Cus. Sleep." I burrito myself in the blanket, cushioned on the bottom for a little comfort.

He wipes his eyes, "Keilani, bed please."

"I don't want the bed. I keep thinking someone's behind me." I close my eyes. "I'm fine."

He strokes my hair with his other hand, letting me drift off to sleep again.

When i wake up hours later, he's still in the same position he was, just now there was a pillow behind his back.

I sit up which makes him wake up, "Good?" He clears his throat.

"Yeah." I lean against the bed. "Can i have more morphine?"

He lets go of my hand to stand up and get the pills. He watches me swallow them and forced me to drink half of the water bottle then sits back with me. "How you feeling now?"

I don't know.

"Strange."

"I have a meeting today. I already postponed it but it's a big one. I can have this house surrounded in five minutes." He rubs his eyes.

"Can you get someone to drive me to Comets house?" I ask.

I'm asking for help.

I need to do that more often.

He smiles proudly, "Course. Stefans coming over so i'll get him to leave you down. You need breakfast." He stands up and holds his hand out for me.

It was easier for me to get up on my own without straining by body.

I walk out of the room, Disco was frolicking everywhere it was so cute.

When Ciro and i walk down the stairs, so does he. I don't know how he gets up the stairs because he's small and Ciro has gaps between the stairs but it's cute.

"Want a smoothie bowl?" He asks.

"Anything, thank you." I kiss the back of his hand, walking into the living room. I sit on the couch and Disco claws it to climb it so he sits on my lap.

He curls into a ball and starts sleeping.

I could hear Ciro make the smoothie and he walks in with a bowl, "Mixed berries, no strawberries." He puts it on my lap, "I'm just going to shower." He messes my hair lightly, then walks off.