4. heathens 🌹

HEATHENS
—we don't deal with outsiders very well—

"What in the shit is that?" Comet says from beside me, picking up a piece of my lettuce. "That's rabbit food."

"You know, i'm trying to go vegan, stop insulting my meals." I snatch my bowl off him.

"Behave, both of you, please." Dad says from the couch.

"She's eating rabbit food." Comet says... again.

"It's a salad." I roll my eyes. "Healthy."

He raises his eyebrows at me, "Dad how long do you think this vegan diet will last?"

"I give it three hours." Dad says. My jaw drops.

"I give it after this meal." Comet smiles menacingly, "That's gross."

"You guys doubt me so much." I pick up the container and walk to the couch, "So much." I walk to dad, "Where's Momma? She said she would try this with me."

His eyes dart to mine before he looks back down at his laptop, shrugging his shoulders.

"Com, you seen momma?" I lean back, shoving the salad into my mouth. Ew. Ew. This is why i don't eat vegetables.

"No." He walks over, "Told you you'd hate it."

"That's fucking disgusting-"

"Language, Kay." Dad doesn't look up from his laptop, "And eat it. Don't waste it."

Comet sticks his tongue out at me as if we're still 13 and i throw a tomato at him. He picks up and throws it back at me before dad takes a long, deep sigh. "You two are unbelievable. Twenty and you still act five."

"She started it-"

"You liar." I throw another tomato piece at him.

"Kay, stop throwing tomatoes." He looks up, "Com, go check if your mom is in the gym."

"Yes, sir." Comet salutes dad jokingly, walking off.

"Did you kill Juan yet?" I shuffle closer to dad. "Was meant to ask but Com's been around me a lot."

Twin things.

Two years ago, Juan Perez raped my brother. Comet is still recovering from it, traumatic as fuck, locked me in the room next to it after i had just went through something traumatic as well, i heard my twin screaming. I hated it. We wanted Juan dead ever since but could never do it.

I hope they do it.

"Your mom did it yesterday, shot him and his dad." He looks at me, "How are you holding up? No sarcasm. Being kidnapped is traumatic."

Sarcasm is my coping mechanism.

"Fine, don't even remember it." I mean, they really did nothing but kill someone in front of me so nothing too bad, i've dealt with worse. "Who is Ciro anyway?"

"Oh, Coin." He whistles, "You call him Coin. You don't know him to call him Ciro."

"Coin?" I laugh. That's pathetic.

"Yup. And he's a very powerful man that we're better off building relationships with than enemies, yeah?" He sets his laptop down.

"He's Italian?"

"Italian, fully. His papa, you'll know him. Salvatore Ferrari. His boss is Roman Reign."

Oh.

Salvatore Ferrari, also one of Europes most notorious killers. Him and the police had a thing going on. He could kill somebody in broad daylight and nobody would bat an eye, police wouldn't do shit. That's how powerful he was.