54. kill my mind🪙

KILL MY MIND
-don't know what i'd do without you-

Keilani is asleep on the couch, she just came back from a case and said she got chased through the forest by police officers, then she passed out after.

It's cute. She's exhausted.

I open the door as Gio stands there with an annoyed expression on his face, holding up a cage with the kitten in it.

I take it off him, "Thank you. All the stuff?"

"In the back of your car." He glares at me, turning to walk away.

I carry the kitten into the kitchen so he doesn't wake Keilani.

I take him out of the cage, his meows filling up the open space.

He was playful, biting my hand.

I stroke him gently and he bites my thumb, then meows and hisses.

So i put it back in the cage.

I walk into the living room, sitting on the armchair. I don't watch her sleep, im usually asleep before she is, but i like watching her when she's like this, when she's not all on edge and assassin mode.

She's adorable when she sleeps.

There was a noise from the kitchen that made me stand up, walking in there to see this stupid ass cat had opened the latch of the cage and was running along the counter.

It jumps from the counter to the chair, then slides down the chair and onto the floor.

He starts meowing, and then makes a run for the corridor.

I walk after him but the fucker was fast

He ran straight into the living room, claws up my sofa and sits straight on Keilani's face.

I don't even bother moving him.

Keilani wakes up literally two seconds later, "Ciro, what is on my face?" She mumbles.

"Surprise." I sigh.

She takes the cat off her face gently and her eyes light up widely with adoration, i've never seen such a wholesome expression on her face.

The kitten claws her clothes and then settles himself in her neck, she lays back down, "Come here, Ferrari."

I stand up, looking at the kitten making himself at home on her neck.

My place.

"You got me a kitten?"

"Yes and if he always sleeps there i'm going to rid of him, that is my spot."

She smiles, "What's his name?"

"Up to you."

"Disco." She kisses the kitten.

Oh for fucks sake.

I mask my disapproval by nodding my head slowly.

She strokes his head gently, smiling as she does and then they both end up falling asleep. I felt the need to touch her, so i move the thing off her shoulder and put it on her other shoulder, laying across her but positioning myself so that i didn't hurt her.

I rest my head on her shoulder, closing my eyes and letting myself rest with her.

When i wake, i'm on the couch alone.

"Keilani." I shout.

"Kitchen." She shouts back.

I groan at the fact i had to sit up, walking into the kitchen where she was watching Disco eat. I regret getting him.