64. all the stars 🌹🔥

ALL THE STARS
-better live your life, we're running out of time-

Ciro and I are in a dilemma.

The dilemma being in that we are in an abandoned building which is surrounded by cops. We have a dead body and an unconscious victim.

He looks through the blinds, "We're fucked."

I call my mom, "Momma hi, hey, uh.... Ciro and I are kind of surrounded by police right now and we have a dead body."

She sighs, "How did you even allow yourself to get in this situation, Keilani?"

"Apparently there was a trip wire or some shit. Look, i need help." I look at Ciro who was texting someone too.

"Send me your address." She hangs up.

I send her my location and Ciro slides his gun into his holster, "Stefans on his way, he'll be out back."

"Doesn't matter, we're surrounded." I walk out of the bedroom we're in, into the bedroom at the end of the hallway which overlooks the back of the house.

If i was alone, i could escape. I could either stage it all to make it look like self-defence or i could climb onto the roof and hide out until they leave.

But because i have Ciro and i have a hostage, that's going to be difficult.

As i suspected, the back of the house was full of cops too.

It was all of two seconds before a megaphone beeps, "You are surrounded, we will enter if you don't come out." Echoes.

"They're getting thermal cameras out. You can go baby, i got this." Ciro walks to me.

"No. We're together." I'm not letting him take the fall.

He looks out of the window, "Powerline connects to a tree."

"I only have one rope, and regardless, it will burn through." I sit on the armchair, "If we get arrested, we can make it out."

"When we get arrested, they're going to have too much evidence."

I shrug, "I can twist my way with the judge."

"Not easy as that baby, situations like these are different." He tilts my chin up, "Stefs going to set one of my bombs off in a house down the lane."

"Is there anybody in the house?"

"Collateral damage." He runs his thumb across my lip, "It'll give them a distraction, lower the number of feds."

"What about our little situation?" I ask, referring to the hostage.

"I'll come back for him."

I stand up, right as i do, the door downstairs was very clearly kicked down.

We look at each other, and then we go our separate ways.

I run back into the other room, there's a stool that lifts up, i already tried fitting in there and i could so i lift it up, holding my gun to my chest as i curl onto my side and lower the lid.

Ciro is going to the attic.

I steady my breathing, hearing them shout, more doors kick down and then the heavy footsteps running into the room.

I love the adrenaline i get from being so close to the police.

"Clear!"

I let out a small breath of relief.

"Where did they go?" I hear the sheriffs familiar voice. "They were in here, i know it."

"They couldn't have gone far, sir."