26. delicate🌹

DELICATE
-we can't make any promises now can we babe-

I only used to fall asleep on my dads chest. When i was a little kid, dad and I had the best relationship. I'm scared of storms, so i would always sneak into his and moms bedroom when it was storming, they let me sleep between them.

Now, i'm laying on Coins chest. His hand is on my ass, his other arm keeping me close to him.

This was not how my plan was supposed to go. I need to get out of here.

I gently roll off him, making sure not to move him. He grunts but turns onto his side, hand clutching the pillow.

I pick up my dirty shirt.

Where the hell are my pants?

I walk out of his bedroom, remembering how we went for a swim last night. I walk outside, both of our clothes were gone. He probably has a maid or something.

I see a pile of clothes waiting on the kitchen counter, i grab a shirt, pulling it over my head. It dropped to my mid thigh.

I pick my phone up that was inside now too, dialling Comet's number. He doesn't answer, so i call mom. She doesn't answer either, so i call Kaleb.

"It's 6AM, Lani?"

"I know... i know... if i send you a location can you pick me up?" I whisper, even though no one was downstairs.

"Yeah, yeah." He hangs up.

I text him my location, opening Coins fridge. He's surprisingly organised. I grab a banana, eating it while i walk outside. I sit on the bench outside his house. Kaleb arrives 30 minutes later. I get up, leaving my banana peel on the floor and walking to his car.

I sit down.

He stares at me.

"What?"

"Your neck."

I pull the mirror down.

Holy fuck.

"Oh." I grab my neck. Did he think one wasn't enough? My entire neck is covered in hickeys.

"Who's house is this, Keilani?" Kaleb asks.

"Uh... I don't know. I got drunk and they bought me here." I lie.

He shakes his head, "After what you went through, you should know better."

I glance at him.

Only my family know about that.

But then again, Kaleb is technically my family. Him and Comet have been friends for years and i think recently they've progressed into more, Comet probably told him. Or mom did, he's around us too much for him to not know.

"Did Com tell you about that?"

"Yeah." He looks at me, "Sorry for bringing it up, you worry me sometimes." He starts driving. "Don't do that shit again, or at least bring them to yours."

"Noted." I pull my seatbelt over my body, "Why are you up so early?"

"You woke me up, your call." He drives down the lane, typing in our address again. Yeah, Coins place is kind of in the middle of nowhere.

"Sorry." I'm exhausted. "Are you coming over?"

"Yeah, i'll just stay at yours for the rest of the night. I'm training Com."

Comet confuses me, he never wanted to train to be an assassin, but he'll train with Kaleb.

We drive home, i go straight to my room, only for my phone to ring.