7. glory & gore 🪙

GLORY & GORE
—glory & gore go hand in hand—

"I'm gonna shower." Keilani holds onto her back as we walk into the motel, "Don't try and rush her to wake up." She grabs her bag and then walks into the bathroom.

I place her mom on one of the beds, checking her pulse again. I have a nurse driving up to bring me a drip, hopefully flush whatever the hell is in her system out.

She's lucid, but she's also exhausted.

I call one of my men back in Brooklyn, "Check the Irish based in New York, i think they took him back."

"Did you find the assassin?" He asks.

"We did. She has more information but she's injured."

"Declan was walking around our base."

"Capture him if you see him again. Keep him in the basement."

"Yes capo."

I hang up and look back at Juniper, her and Keilani resemble each other so much. I'm glad i never looked like any of my parents, though i do think my mama was unfaithful for that and my father isn't really my father. I'm quite the standout compare to the rest of my brothers.

I start packing some stuff up again when the shower stops running, a couple minutes later Keilani walks out with a towel wrapped around her body. "Put clothes on."

She keeps eye contact with me as she grabs some cloths from her suitcase and disappears back into the bathroom.

I look back at Juniper again, her eyes were fluttering open.

I walk to the bed, checking her pulse. "You good to talk?"

"Where's my Keilani?" She asks, her voice straining.

"Shower, where's Stefan?"

"Stefan helped me so i'll help you." She looks around the room, "I need a hospital."

"No shit, doctors driving up now. Is he in Ireland?" I look at the door opening, Keilani walks over, her hair wrapped in a towel.

"I thought i told you not to rush her?" She frowns, crawling onto the bed with her mother.

"When the fuck have i ever listened to you?" I roll my eyes.

"They took us to a house, in Dublin. They beat us, him a little more. I heard them, Russians." She says slowly.

"They said they're going to take him to a gentleman's club." She looks at me, "But not for drinks. He's going to be on display."

Fuck.

"And it's not as simple as walking in either." She looks to her daughter. "I have another mission for you darling. I can get you into the club with Ciro on your hip, because that's the only way you're going to get in. It's female invitees and their partner."

Keilani cradles her moms face, "It's not an ordinary club is it?" She mumbles.

"No. From what i gathered, there's men there. They'll be in cages, Stefan will be in the centre. It's not often someone manages to kidnap an Italian gangster, let alone an underboss. But it's the only way it will work, you have to go in there." She says to her daughter, "And Stefan saved my life, Kay. He hit them when i couldn't. Protected me when i was down. And i owe it to him to make sure he isn't tortured anymore."

Keilani nods her head, "You never told me you can speak Russian."

"I can speak twelve languages, darling." Junipers lazy smile flutters over to me. "That also means you two need to try and get along. You won't get anywhere with your bickering."

"Do you know what Gentleman's club?" I ask.

"Zreniye." She closes her eyes, "Vision. Moscow."

"When is it?"

"Some time in the next four days. I didn't get an exact date. You two should go immediately. I can call-"

"Kaleb and Comet are here, i just need to call them." Keilani gets off the bed and picks her phone up, holding it to her ear.

She walks into the bathroom to talk and Juniper looks at me, "Keep her safe for me." She says, eyes heavy and tired.

I hate the girl.

"I'll try."

"I know she's a handful but she's a softie at heart, she gets overwhelmed easily." She says, she sounded almost worried. "Stefan told me about Marissa-"

"Don't-"

"She and i were friends." She says quickly.

"My mother wasn't friends with anyone."

"She was friends with me. You don't remember meeting me when you were a little boy. I used to change your diaper, you and Comet were good friends, you and Kay have always had it in for each other."

"I knew you?"

"After all this shit is done, come by the house and i'll prove it to you with pictures. I was there when Marissa was dying, you know." She says but then the door opens.

"Coin where are we?" Keilani asks, still with the phone pressed against her ear.

"Just send them the fucking location." I snarl. I hate talking about my mamma with people.

"Jesus christ you moody bitch." She walks back in.

Juniper smiles a little, "Some things never change."

"So she's always been that annoying?" I ask.

"Oh yes, even as a baby." She tries sitting up, i move the pillows behind her back and help her sit straight.

"Can you tell me about my mamma one day?" I ask, quietly. My mother was the only woman i've ever cared about, regardless on if she loved me or not. I didn't care how much she neglected me, she was always my anchor.

"I will." She smiles, "She loved you the most."

My lips press together in a thin line, i nod my head. I find that difficult to believe. I had four brothers, i was the only one neglected.

Keilani walks out, "They're making their way here now."

"I'll get us a plane." I stand up, "We'll leave immediately to Moscow."

"There's a guy for you to meet. He's not an assassin but he knows you, Kay." Juniper says, "His names Kristian, and he knows more details. He's reliable and he won't hurt you."

"What's his surname?"

"Scalcov."

I nod, walking outside for some privacy, "Get a plane and tell that doctor to hurry the fuck up." I say to one of my men standing outside. He hurries away quickly.

I call the tech savvy one in my gang, "Jay, look up a Russian called Kristian Scalcov."

"On it." I hear his fingers tapping away. "He's a hitman. But he's got a lot of good reviews."

"Do research and tell me if you think he's reliable." I hang up, walking back into the room.

"Planes getting ready now, we should go soon-"

"I am not leaving her here alone. We'll wait until my brother comes." Keilani puts her hands on her hips as if it was going to intimidate me. Her and her small frame? No.

"I will drag you onto the plane." I stare at her.

"I'll kill you-"

"Jesus Christ, you two are like grannies constantly nagging at each other." Juniper sighs, rubbing her eyes with one hand. "Go, i'll be fine."

"No way-"

"Go, Keilani-Asha."

"Why would you use my government name?" Keilani narrows her eyes at her mom.

Keilani-Asha is widely fitting for her.

"Go."

"Fine."

=
=
=
=
=

uh ohhh what's gone happen

word count: 1211