010

"Who are you?"

An awkward silence stretches in between. Her eyes have widen slightly. You can feel the suspiciousness brimming from her stare.

For some odd reason, something gets stuck in your throat.

The house had been too silent until now.

Since Jungkook never mentioned anyone coming over, you're not exactly ready to come across a new face.

What causes you to break contact is the little voice reminding you of her question.

"Oh uh." You gently set your pen aside, about to stand up when she waves both her palms at you.

"Y-you don't need to get up." She says in an almost panicked voice. Looking up, you realize her eyes have disappeared above the slope of her cheeks. She's awkwardly smiling while frantically gesturing you to stay put with her hands. "I uh didn't mean to scare you. You uh.. you must be Jungkook's classmate right? I'm Iseul."

You sit back down.

In a rather clumsy manner, she circles the couch and plops on it. In the process, you saw how she hit her calf rather harshly against the edge of the coffee table.

That same awkward expression hasn't left her face yet.

Iseul drags her hair to cascade on one side of her shoulder and nervously nibbles the bottom of her lips. "What's your name?"

"I'm Y/n."

"I'm Iseul."

Another long pause. Now that she's a little closer, you can tell that she's probably a year younger than you if not the same age.

Her big round eyes look somewhat familiar.

You just can't seem to pin point where you've seen them.

"Nice to meet you Iseul."

"Is that chemistry you're working on?" She points at the textbook in front of you.

You nod your head. Iseul opens her mouth and nods her head gently before standing up. She walks over to where you are and sits down, eyes never leaving the textbook.

"Jungkook says you're smart when it comes to chemistry."

You poke the inside of your cheek. "He's just saying nonsense."

Iseul has long lashes that accentuate her small face. You notice she's pouting while reading the textbooks.

She's quiet though and you're inclined to say something. "So is uh Jungkook... you and Jungkook are..?"

For some reason, why did that question sound rude?

Iseul blinks her eyes and gives you a grin. One that doesn't reach her eyes. You didn't notice this before but she's sitting way too close.

So in a not so obvious way, you clear your throat, temporarily look away as you move your butt to the side.

"Jungkook?" There's a change of pitch when she mentions his name. Like she's surprised. "We're-"

"Jeon freaking Iseul!" A loud voice booms from the hallway making the both of you flinch.

It doesn't take long before a fuming Jungkook enters the living room.

Their eyes lock.

Iseul flinches with a squeak. Like a mouse getting caught in a mouse trap.

She then struggles to get up, hands stretching for a cushion. She brings it to her chest once she's up on her feet, frightened eyes on the boy fuming from the entrance.

"I-I can explain."

"Then explain." He answers through gritted teeth. There's a big question mark floating on top of your head.

"I forgot the breaks and-mom!" And there she goes. Iseul runs out of the living using another exit and Jungkook chases after her.

You can hear their loud yells echoing from the hallway.

"Let go of me! Hey!"

One second they're over there and the next, Jungkook's dropping Iseul on the couch and is sitting on top of her.

Any regards for her safety seem to have fled out the window.

"I said I can explain!" Iseul swings her arms and legs around, trying to pry the boy away from her. But it's impossible. Especially since Jungkook's almost twice her size and she's laying on her stomach. Whatever punches she throw won't reach her back.

"I gave you a chance and you ran away."

"That's because it looks like you were gonna kill me! Mom!" Iseul's face has gone red at this point as she screams from her lungs. That perfect hair from a while ago? Is now a complete mess.

After a moment of pinning her, Jungkook eventually stands and sets her free. "It's no use calling for mom. They're not here." He says while pinching the bridge of his nose like he's about to have a headache.

Iseul takes a cushion and throws it at him.

It hits the floor with a soft plop.

"Sorry."

Grinding his teeth, Jungkook takes the cushion from the ground and places it back on the couch. "I'm not letting you go that easily. You still have to fix the damage you did to my car."

"I already told you it was an accident."

Jungkook casually a brings out bucket of fried chicken from a plastic bag and places it in front of you. Followed by some fries.

So that's where he went.

"You expect me to believe you accidentally splashed pink paint inside my car?"

"I regretted it right after." She grumbles under her breath, looking away.

For the first time since he's returned, Jungkook takes the space beside you turns his attention to you.

"Iseul, this is Y/n."

"We've met." Iseul snipes at him only to look away when she gets his piercing glare.

As if to make sure she doesn't say anything else, he slowly strips his gaze away. "And that idiot over there is Iseul. My sister."