061

"You wanna help me? Do you even know what I'm after?"

He shrugs his shoulders in a barely caring manner. "I don't need to know what you're up to. What matters most to me is your safety, Y/n. And since I can't lure you back at my place and you know, lock you up, joining you is the best next thing don't you think?"

That causality in his tone is terrifying. And you'd think you'd be used to it by now. "Yeah, well sorry to break it to you but I don't need your help. I've already got things covered."

You walk past him and he hums. "And you think asking Jimin for help was the best idea?"

He went from terrifying you to mocking you right at your face. "Like the guy's being watched by his father twenty four seven and you going as his bodyguard-you get what I'm trying to say right?"

First Taehyung and now him. Exactly how many people heard your conversation with Jimin? "Ah right. You thought I didn't know. That that friend of yours is part of a criminal organization."

You laugh. Not the friendly type of laughter though. Almost sarcastic in a sense. And dry. "I stand by my previous statement."

"Oh, come on. Do you know how hard I'm trying not to drag you back at my place right now? At least include me in this little plan of yours."

"No. And if you've got nothing better to do, leave already. I don't need to have this argument with you."

He follows you all the way to the extra room used to store one's belongings. "This wouldn't have turned into an argument if you accepted my help in the first place."

You switch on the lights and grab your things since your shift's already over. "Hmm now get the hell out."

"Y/n—"

"Do you want to see me change in front of you?" You turn your back at him and drag your shirt over your head just as you hear the door behind you slam shut. At least now you know how to get rid of him. Three minutes later, you open the door to find him still standing there.

"You're still here."

"And you tried to strip in front of me." He says disgustingly. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You didn't have plans to leave the room so I did what I had to do." You state it like it's the most obvious thing.

"Yeah? Well don't do it again."

"Okay fine. I won't." You throw your hands up in a surrender. What's up with him? It's not like he's never seen a naked girl before. After saying your goodbye to the next person in charge of the next shift, you use the path that leads you home. But he's still following you.

"You don't need to walk me home you know."

"Hmm. I know. Im just thinking about how I can kidnap you without making you mad." He's awfully calm compared to how he was a few minutes ago.

"Oh please. If you really wanted to kidnap me you'd have already done it." You roll your eyes and he smirks at the thought. "But that doesn't mean I'm giving you permission to do that so back off."

"I don't think I can do that." He says playfully. "You're too attractive."

What In the world is going on with him today?

The way he changes mood in an instant is downright creepy. But since you'd rather have him like this than furious, you won't bring it up.

"Right." You utter while looking into space. As you pass by a shop that's still open, Jungkook suddenly grabs your hand and drags you inside before you can even say anything. The smell of sweetness engulfs you and tells you to wait at a table while he's at the counter.

After while, he comes back with a ribboned box. "Let's go?"

He's not throwing a fuss or making you mad. He's acting like the Jungkook when you first met. You also didn't have plans to return home after your shift ended since father will be there.

When outside, he guides you to a nearby park where you end up seeing a black car. He must've felt your hand stiffen against his since which causes him to chuckle. "I'm not gonna kidnap you."

Since it's almost midnight, the park isn't filled with a lot of people. The lamppost are on and then there's the trunk of his car facing the trees.

When he lets go of your hand to open the trunk of the car, your breath comes to a stop.

What's this? Confetti liters the area within. Balloons swamp the roof. Delicious food on tap of a blanket the words Happy Birthday Y/n hang from a string.

What?

"I had a feeling you forgot what today was." You were too occupied to even notice Jungkook disappeared for a moment. The latter appears with a cake in his hand and candles illuminating his face. He approaches you with the sweetest smile on his lips.

You don't know what to say. He crouches over to level the cake with you and tilts his head. "You weren't expecting this right?"

Still speechless, you shake your head. You had a lot of things in your mind. You were too occupied to even realize that today was your—

"Happy birthday, Y/n." And fireworks begin to explode in the sky.