042

"What the heck is going on here?" Iseul runs to her brother's side, tossing a pill bottle in the process. "Y/n?"

"It was an accident." As you say that, a powerful wave of lethargy floods your whole body. You try to stand up only to be pushed down by the unbearable dizziness.

Jungkook rolls his eyes and pries Iseul's hands away. He snatches the bottle of pills off the ground and drops one on your open palm.

With guilt consuming you, you swallow it without a single word.

"Is no one gonna tell me what the hell happened here?"

"You can leave." Her brother bluntly says without sparing her a glance.

"You're freaking bleeding from your head and you're telling me to leave?" Iseul stumbles upon the broken vase on the ground and darts her gaze at you. "You threw this at him, didn't you?"

Jungkook's acting calm and collected. But you can feel the irritation emitting off from him. It's most likely he's tolerating his sister. "Iseu-"

"Shut up. You need to get checked. For all I know you could be suffering from a severe concussion." She attempts to grab her brother by the arm and drag him out but he easily pulls back. "Are you serious right now? She threw a vase at you and you're bleeding."

"I'm fine."

When he turns away from her, she clenches her fists until they're glowing a bright Snow White. "Fine. Be stubborn. But don't you dare call me if you start experiencing any headaches."

She's not wrong though. You did throw that vase way too hard. You're not sure how he's even standing right now. And it's not like that vase was glass or plastic. It was made of cement. Solid, hard-rock cement.

"You need to get that checked." You eventually say while meeting his eyes. The pill Jungkook gave you. Whatever it was. It's making you drowsy.

"There's nothing a little bandaid can't fix." His voice is surprisingly gentle. He tucks a strand of your hair behind your ear and you shake your head, feeling exhausted all of a sudden. But you can't give in just yet. You have to get him out of here.

"You heard the girl. You need to get checked." This time when Iseul grabs her brother by the arm and drags him away, he allows her to.

Soon enough, it's just you in the nurse's room.

-

What stirs you awake is the subtle flickering of a page from a book. A little groan escapes your mouth as you move to the side. Your body feels sore and tired. And your headache only seems to be getting even worse.

A cold palm presses itself above your forehead, sending a shiver throughout your whole being.

As you flutter your eyes open, Jimin's familiar face comes into view.

The bushy hair, full lips, the bruise coloring the perfect skin of his face.

The look of concern seen from his eyes is the last thing you want to see right now.

"What are you doing here?" It barely comes out as a whisper.

"I was just passing by when I saw you. Thought I'd pay you a visit." He says. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel like shit." Your whole body is aching and you feel like throwing up. You've lost track of time but the setting sun seen from the window tells you that school's already over.

When he sees you attempting to sit up, he comes to your aid. The feeling of his palm against your arm sends a wave of chills all over your body.

Jimin's gentle and careful as he hoists you to sit.

His hands feels as though he's had them inside a freezer. They're cold.

He returns to his seat. "Did you take any medication for that?"

You point at the container sitting on top of the stand. The one Jungkook gave you. "I took that one."

He takes it between his fingers and examines the labels. As he does so, his eyes narrows down. "Hmm. Explain to me why you took sleeping pills rather than something for your fever."

"What?" Your eyes meet and confusion can be seen all over your face.

"These?" He shakes it beside his head. "Are sleeping pills."

Jungkook gave you sleeping pills? It's surprising but at the same time. Why did you see that coming?

"I.. I guess I got confused."

"Well be careful next time. You're lucky this is just sleeping pills." His eyes lingers on your face for a moment before he says. "We need to get you home."

You help yourself up and notice your bag hanging on his shoulder. "I can carry that."

He shakes his head, bushy hair in motion. "It's fine. It's the least I can do for you for not ratting me out. Let's go."

He leads you through the empty hallway of the school and into the parking lot where a motorcycle waits.

"I can take it from here."

"You really think I'm gonna let you walk the street in that state?"

"How do I know you won't kidnap me again?"

Jimin roars his ride to life and meets your gaze with the most genuine look ever seen on man. "I won't."

After he hops on, he hands you a helmet. "Promise me you won't throw up okay? I just got this cleaned."

There's a certain playfulness hidden behind his tone. You take the helmet and occupy the space beside him. "No promises."

"Hold on tight." He tells you, seconds before he brings the motorcycle into motion.