066

Jungkook sighs and sits on the bed. "Why didn't you tell me she was your mom?"

"For the very reason you didn't tell me about your dad."

He runs his fingers through his hair, staring intently into space. "Your mom's nothing like my dad, Y/n. The man will kill anyone who gets in his way. You know that right?" He turns to you. "How long have you known?"

"About my mom?" You give it a thought. "A year after she left I guess."

He stares at your fiddling fingers. "That's not all there is, right?"

You shrug your shoulders, avoiding his gaze.

"Y/n, you know I'll never let anything happen to you, right? So let me help you-"

Your scoff cuts him off. "Help me? Help is the last thing I need from you. Jungkook your dad wants me dead. And didn't you say it yourself? He'll kill anyone who stands in his way. I don't even want to know what he'll do to you if he finds out that his own son's-"

"You see? That's your problem. You care too much about others but when it comes to you, you could care less. Can't you be selfish for once?"

"Are you crazy?"

"You never told me you were abused by your dad. You kept quiet when those teachers harassed you. You shot yourself because of me. You keep pushing me away because you don't want me to get hurt. I can't believe you think so little of yourself. Does your life mean nothing to you, Y/n?"

"You think I let those things happen because I wanted them to? They happened because I couldn't avoid them. My life isn't easy-"

"I know it isn't!" You seem to have snapped his last straw. He gets up abruptly, turns away to take his breath and faces you again. "I know it wasn't easy for you, Y/n. You've gone through a lot. But do you think my life is easy too? Because it isn't. You out of all people would know that. I may have kept some secrets from you but you're smart enough to figure out the environment I was raised in. What I'm trying to say is. I understand what you're going through. I know you can handle yourself. You're braver than you look. But I also know that you're scared. I know I'd be too if I was in your shoes. So please. Let me help you. I'm begging you."

It took you a while to realize a tear had escaped your eye. He's right. There were times you felt terrified. You'd wake up every now and then wondering if it'd be your last day.

You never lingered long enough to acknowledge your fear though. You repeatedly buried it down the depths of your heart.

"Okay." You say in a soft whisper, wiping your tear.

And that's all Jungkook needed to hear before engulfing you in a hug. For some reason, the moment those arms wrapped around you, hidden emotion slowly surfaces and more tears began to fall.

-

It was around two am when the door opened. Iseul widens her eyes when she sees you're still up. "I thought you'd be asleep. I brought you snacks. In case you're hungry. There's some croissants too. Fresh from France."

"Iseul. Wasn't expecting to see you."

She walks over to the table and arranges the snacks there. "Well, at first I wanted to stop by and check up on you then take my leave. You know, just to make sure you weren't dead or anything. But after hearing that my brother had some things to take care of, I volunteered to keep you company. He was against it at first but I made him come around. "She stands beside the bed. "Chocolate pudding?"

You take it.

"So how are you feeling? Like does it hurt can you feel the stitches?" She asks curiously like a child. Then again, she is one.

"Not really. It hurts a bit when I move too much though."

She nods her head slowly. "That's kinda badass. I didn't believe my brother at first when he told me what happened because of how ridiculous it sounded. Kinda cool if you ask me."

"You think shooting yourself is cool?" You cont hold back the amusement planted on your face. Seriously though. What kind of household did they grow up in?

She gives you a soft smile. "I'm glad you're okay."

The door to the room opens and Jungkook steps inside. He rolls his eyes at the sight of Iseul. "I thought I told you not to come."

"What were you expecting? You already know I don't listen to you."

He ignores his sister and walks over to you, brushing his knuckle against your cheek before placing a water bottle on the table next to you. "The doctor's gonna check up on you in a few minutes and redress your wound. If you want to get some rest, I can tell them to come a little later."

"It's fine." You tell him. His gaze lands on the pudding you're eating.

"What are you eating?"

"Pudding. Iseul got it for me."

"Next time if you feel like eating something, just tell me."

Behind Jungkook, you can see Iseul's face painted with ridicule and disbelief. "So this is the thanks I'm getting. Unbelievable."

She throws her hands in the air and walks off towards the couch on the other corner of the room and turns the tv screen on, leaving you two.

"You're being a little too harsh on her."

"I didn't say anything to her."

You give him the look as if to say we both know you were indirectly telling her to back off.

He sighs, opening to water bottle for you. "Fine. And I'm only doing this because of you."

"Will you do anything I tell you to?"

"Yeah."

"If I told you to jump off this building would you do it?"

He hands you the water bottle. "I wouldn't even give it a second thought."

-

late chapter I know

late chapter I know. here's a cute picture. <^~^>