068

You decided to stay at the library to study after class ended. The ambiance feels nice and you're feeling kinda productive.

You let out a sigh. If only he'd stop looking though.

You could feel his gaze from across the room as you scroll through the lessons on the iPad Jungkook let you borrow.

The guy's here with his group mates on a different table, discussing their project. Even as he gives out instructions, those eyes never leave you. It's as if he's making sure you won't run away.

In suddenly waltz a familiar face with his million dollar smile. Jimin occupies a chair and looks at your screen. "Wasn't expecting seeing you here. What subject are you studying for? Want me to help?"

Without sparing him a glance, you shake your head. "No thanks."

"Biology uh? Lemme see." He snatches the device from your fingers.

"Hey-"

"Shh. You don't want to get us kicked out do you? Now let's see. What should-ah got it. What is the powerhouse of the cell?"

You raise an eyebrow. "Really? You're starting with that?"

He scrunches his nose, smiling cutely. "You're right. Let's skip to the good part. What are the components of hemoglobin?"

You can feel the wheels in your brain come to a stop. Jimin waits patiently for you to answer.

"I haven't reached that part yet."

"Oh, come on. It's a simple question. There's two components. One starts with G and the other, H."

You scratch the side of your head, thinking of an answer. Subconsciously, he reaches forward and pulls your arm away from your head. You can feel his breath fan your forehead as he does so and for some reason, your cheeks flare up. The shock look on his face is enough to tell you that he did that without thinking.

He lets go of you as if he was electrocuted, clearing his throat. "It's globin and heme. Remember that. It'll come out in the quiz."

Jimin suddenly gets a phone call and hands back the device. He gestures that he'll get going and you nod your head, watching him walk out of the library.

"I should really tattoo the words 'back off' on your forehead."

You roll your eyes at Jungkook's ridiculous statement. He pulls out his cologne from his backpack and spritz it at you three times making you flinch.

"Why the hell did you do that?!" You whisper shriek, not trying to grab the librarian's attention. You give yourself a whiff and cringe at the strong scent. Now you smell like him.

"You were starting to smell like him."

"Some reason that is."

"Do you drink?"

"Have you seen me drink?"

"No. But I feel like drinking today. Wanna join me?"

-

The music's so loud it feels as if your eardrums are about to burst. The flickering of stage lights making you dizzy and you're basically avoiding bumbling into anyone dancing.

Ten minutes ago, you lost Jungkook in the crowds. You're still wondering how he was able to persuade you to accompany him. Maybe because he kept pestering you like an annoying shit even after you said no.  In the end, you gave in.

"Hi there. I don't think I've seen you here before." A guy clad in a simple white polo shirt occupies the seat next to yours and makes eye contact with the barista. "A drink for the lady. The usual."

You poke the inside of your cheek. Judging by his appearance, he seems to be around your age. "I'm  Heeseung."

He shows his hand for a handshake and plant yours against his. "Y/n."

The barista brings over a drink. In a delicate glass, the blue liquid makes glistened under the flaring lights. It also has a little umbrella. Cute. Heeseung slides the drink to you.

"Oh uhm. It's fine. I don't drink."

He chuckles in amusement. For some reason, you're at awe but uncomfortable at the same time.

"You didn't think I spiked your drink, right?"

"No it's not that-"

"Consider it a gift to keep you busy while you wait until your boyfriend returns. He's kinda having fun over there without you."

You rolls your eyes. "Yeah, I guess he is. But he's not my boyfriend." You down the drink in one go and regret it immediately.

"Woah there!" He begins patting your back as you cough. "I guess you really drink uh? Here drink some water."

Guess you were irritated by the fact that he thought Jungkook was your boyfriend and that made you drink it in one go.

A familiar cologne invades your nostrils and next thing you know, Jungkook's holding Heeseung by the collar. The music's too loud for you to hear what he's telling him.

You push yourself up the chair to separate the two. "What's the big deal though? I only offered her a drink. And besides. It's not like she's your girlfriend."

You grab Jungkook's arm, and manage to pry him away from the poor guy. You mouth the word 'sorry' to him and bring the stupid boy to the other side of the room. You've seen him beat people to death before because of you and today, you don't want to capture any attention.

At some point, the arrangement shifted. So instead of you dragging him away, it was now him dragging you by the arm. He brings you outside where the music isn't so loud anymore. The cold breeze that brushes your skin brings a chill down your spine.

He lets go and turns to confront you. "You accepted a drink from a stranger? Y/n, I thought you were smarter than this. god knows what could have happened to you if I wasn't there-"

His words gets cut off when you suddenly bury your face into his chest.

"Hey."

"Mhh." You wrap your arms around him, eyes closed. "You...smell nice."

"Y/n."

You raise your head, chin against his chest. "Mhh?"

"Are you drunk?"

Slowly opening your eyes, you show him a smile, stand on your toes and press your lips against his.