059

You stop and look around when you find his office empty. He's not in his room either. For the past days you've been here, he never left the house. Not even for school.

Until now.

Your gaze slowly lands on the nightstand where a familiar item is seen on top.

The key to this whole electronic house. If you take that, you can leave this place.

Here goes nothing.

A strong scent of men cologne attacks your nostrils—stronger than when you were still lingering outside. You can't believe he'd leave his key out in the open like this. If anyone got their hands on it, they'd easily enter this place.

Or get out.

The front door opens after you click it and a breath of relief leaves your lungs.

Without looking back, you close the door and make your escape like a free man.

It's still six thirty in the morning. If you make a run for it, you might make it to class. Although, you'd probably miss first period.

You had grabbed your things before leaving and currently taking a bus to school. Thankfully, you still had extra cash in your wallet.

You make it to class halfway through a calculus lecture and the teacher simply regards your presence with a nod before proceeding.

The wide eyes and then angry look Jungkook sends you is enough to cause an old man to faint. You ignore him and take a sit, placing your bag down and taking out your notes. When it's time for lunch, you'll look for Jimin.

Jungkook passes you a piece of paper without taking his eyes off the front. When you don't take it, he flickers it—urging you to take it. Reluctantly you do and the words written read You really want to get yourself killed don't you?

You crumple the paper and dump it in your bag. It's funny how he thinks he knows you when he clearly doesn't.

"And that ends today's meeting. Any questions? And violent reactions? None? Okay good. Make sure to submit your homework by next week. I will not accept late submissions. You are all dismissed."

As students stream out the room, Jungkook looks down while standing beside your desk and nudges with his thigh.

"You went through my stuffs."

"It was on top of your nightstand. And besides, you left the door open."You mumble, then look up when he's quiet. "I hate when you make that face."

He raises an eyebrow.

"Im not letting you drag me back to your place."

"And you expect me to sit back and just watch you die when I can be doing something?"

"Trapping me isn't you doing something. You're just being a pain in the ass." Swinging your bag behind you, you walk ahead only to notice he's following you. "Get lost."

"No."

"Why not?"

"You know why."

You stop to face him, talking in a tone that's used to convince a toddler. "I get that you're worried okay? But how many times do I have to keep telling you? I'm fine. I don't need you worrying about me and I most definitely don't need your help. I've got everything under control."

"You're looking for Jimin aren't you?" He grits his teeth. "You don't want my help but you want his?"

There's just no reasoning with this guy.

"I don't get what you see in him. What does he have that I don't? I can protect you. He can't. He'll probably end up getting killed first for all we know."

The tension's getting heavier with each passing second and you bet everyone in the hallway can feel it. They're all looking your way.

"Fine. Do whatever you want. I don't care anymore." There's no point arguing with someone who won't listen. You walk ahead and he follows suit.

"It's because you know damn well that I'm right."

"Jungkook, seriously though. Can you stop talking already. You're getting on my nerves."

"Oh, I'm getting on your nerves now? What about all those other times?"

You stop in your tracks and give him a glare. He raises an eyebrow. As if to taunt you. Well?

"I swear to god I can never get a decent day when you're around. Is it that hard to leave me alone? I'm not your responsibility and you shouldn't care about what happens to me."

You watch his eyes turn dark. He takes a step closer, towering over you. "I know deep inside you hate me. But you still tolerate me. Why? Because you know that I can't stand the thought of losing you and will do anything in my power to keep you safe and alive even if it kills me." A dark chuckle flees his lips. "And the funny part is that, I don't mind getting used by you. I'll play fool for as long as you want me to. Just don't expect things to always be this way." He slowly hovers beside your ear, brushing his lips lightly against your skin and whispers. "In the end of the day, I always get what I want."

After he walks away, you hear a cough coming from the other side. Jimin slithers away from his hiding spot with arms crossed against his chest. "You know, as much as I hate that guy, he does make a good point."

"How long have you been listening?"

"Not that long actually." He shrugs his shoulders. "So why can't you tell him? Who knows? He might stop getting on your nerves once you tell him everything."

"It's not that easy." You let out a sigh, leaning against a wall. "I feel like he already knows."

"That or you're just assuming he already knows you're your mother's daughter." He follows your position and leans against the wall beside you. "And I'm just throwing this out there. How about you tell Jungkook that the woman he's looking for is actually your mother and if he's the kind of person he says he is, he'll have no chose but to divert his father's attention away from both you and your mother because he, quote on quote, can't stand the thought of losing you and will do anything to keep you safe and all that crap."