038

"The number you have dialed, cannot be reached. Please leave a message after the beep."

"Hey I know you're ignoring me. But don't forget we have a project to work on. I'll head over to your place tomorrow morning after work."

Sighing, you shove your phone back into your pocket.

You can't put to words how lethargic you're feeling. But that has to be put aside since you have a job to get to.

Thankfully, tomorrow's the beginning of the weekend and you'll get to sleep in.

On the way to work, you notice a black vehicle trailing behind you. It stops when you do. And fastens it's pace when you do. Suspiciousness arises when you choose to halt beside a street food vendor, grabbing a snack to go.

The delicious tobbokki fills your mouth with warm mess but even that feeling's temporary.

The vehicle's still there.

Then when you move, it follows suit.

Upon reaching an empty street, you make a run for it in attempts to ditch it. The air of the night feels like ice pricking your skin as you dash through the wind.

It's impossible to hear anything aside from your pacing heart beat. Uncomfortable goosebumps travel across your body, warning you of the lurking danger.

A huge screech, followed by a van coming out of nowhere, halts in front of you, another one at the back.

When the door slides open, men in black and weapons pour out like they're ready to tackle an army.

But there isn't an army.

There's only you.

"Get the girl." A gruff tone. A hand shoots forward to grab your arm and they drag your struggling form inside the van behind you.

Then a bag gets thrown over your head, blinding you.

Everything happened so fast and next thing you know, you're escorted down a hall irradiated by dim red lights. The place oddly has a comforting scent to it.

There's a bunch of men with guns loitering the area but it doesn't smell like sweat. Or alcohol. But it smells like smoke.

"Boss says to place her in the guest room until further notice." The gruff one holding your arm firmly addresses a person in the middle of the room who's gazing at cards splayed out on a huge table.

There's something about him that screams familiarity. You just can't seem to pin point where you've seen him.

When he looks up however, everything clicks in.

That mischievous glint in his eyes vanishes, replaced by shock. He blinks his eyes and strides to where you both stand and gives your escort a glare.

"Why is she here?"

Jimin's usual playfulness is nowhere to be seen.

And he looks completely different.

Chains dangle from his ears, reflecting the shine from the light above you.

There's a certain aura surrounding him. One that screams not to mess with him.

"I believe that's something you should ask the boss." Says the man. "The guys dropped her and I'm only following orders."

As if you're some kind of rag, he tosses you towards him. Cold hands capture the sides of your arms and he helps you find your balance.

When it's only the two of you in the room, Jimin let's go of you and paces while mumbling under his breath. "I can't believe he got you involved. God damn it I shouldn't have told him anything." Then he grabs your arm and drags you down the hall, pushing you into a room.

Inside, the place could pass on as a brothel room.

An uncomfortable chill slithers down your spine like a snake. The window's barricaded with woods.

"If you want to stay alive, I suggest you keep your mouth shut and just do as they say a-" He comes to a pause when a certain realization sinks in. Jimin tilts his head as confusion slowly contours his features. "Why aren't you saying anything?"

"What's there to say?"

"Aren't you scared?"

Did he really just ask that ridiculous question?

You scoff, feeling the ends of your hair stand up straight. "Of course, I'm scared. I've been kidnapped. Who wouldn't?"

As if that's all he wanted to know, he leaves the room, locking the door from the outside.

Your legs eventually give way and you find yourself collapsing on the floor as tears cascade down your cheeks.

You were holding them in for far too long.

There's a reason why you're not surprised to see him here.

It's because at that gathering aunt Mira invited you to, you had happened to spot Jimin there as well.

The Next Morning

"What do you mean she didn't show up to work last night?"

"I mean she didn't come. I tried contacting her but she's not answering her phone. Now if you will excuse me, I've got some restocking to do."

It was around the afternoon when Taehyung decided to drop by your work place only to find that you didn't check in.

You weren't answering his calls either.

"Where the hell are you, Y/n." When he calls again, the line just keeps going.

Frustration fills his veins as he tries to figure out your whereabouts. It feels like he's going in circles. You're not home. You're obviously not in school. Aunt Mira has no idea where you are and your father couldn't care any less.

Someone walks through the entrance of the store and his blood boils even more.

Taehyung walks up to Jungkook and smiles innocently. "Hey. I believe we started off on the wrong foot but do you probably know where Y/n is?"

In retaliation, he lifts an eyebrow. "Yeah.. She was with me. Why?"

Taehyung holds back from strangling him. "Oh nothing. It's just that, she wasn't answering my calls so I thought something happened to her but if she was with you then it's fine. You're her friend anyway. It's not like you'll do anything bad to her. Oh and would you look at the time. I better get going. So yeah. Nice seeing you. Bye."

That smile fades from Taehyung's face the second he turns his back on him.

Jungkook on the other hand got the answer he was looking for.

He grabs his phone and dials a number. The person on the other side answer almost immediately.

"I need you to find someone for me." He utters with a serious tone.