062

You look beyond the glowing candles and admire his sparkling eyes. It's like you've gone back in time. Back when everything was warm and stress free.

"Make a wish and blow the candles."

You close your eyes and then blow. You you're not one to believe in wishes. But something"What did you wish for?"

"That's a secret." You grab a fork and shove a huge chuck of cake in your mouth.

He smiles softly, putting the cake down and clears the trunk for the both of you to sit. The fireworks are all your favorite colors. And they look amazing.

If only everyday was like this.

"You know I'll always be here for you right?"

"Can you stop being cheesy and just enjoy the view."

"I am enjoying the view."

You turn your head to find him staring at you. The reflection of the colorful sky can be seen from those pupils. Your breath hitches when you realize there's something odd about the way he's looking at you.

That gaze.

You grab his chin and force him to look at the real view. "The fireworks' over there."

He chuckles. "You really know how to ruin every mood don't ya?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." You swipe the icing off the side of your mouth and enjoy the sweet flavor.

"Oh, and before I forget. I got something for you." He pulls out a small ribboned black box from his pocket and hands it to you. "Here."

For some odd reason, you're a little hesitant to open it.

"You want to know a little secret?" He asks.

"What is it?"

"That's one of a kind."

"You know the cake would've been enough." You comment. You don't need all these.

You take the top part of the box and find yourself staring at a gold ring with sparkling diamonds outlining it. "Oh wow. It's uh.. it's a ring."

If you look a little closer, your initials and his can be seen in the inside. That chill from a while ago returns. But this time your stomach's doing backflips. And they're not the good kinds.

"I like you."

Humming, you cover the box and set it aside. "I like you too."

He chuckles. "I don't think you understand. I mean I like, like you."

You tighten your lip as you process what he's saying. Your ears are working fine. He isn't stuttering and you don't see any cameras.

Nodding your head, you check your phone. "Would you look at the time? It's getting really late. I should probably get going."

Even as you hop off the trunk, you can feel his gaze glued on you. He just watches you walk away, smiling a little when you almost trip on a rock.

You return home and close the door behind you.

Father's on the couch passed out. You quickly run upstairs to your room and lock the door. You'll try to forget about what happened today.

The following afternoon Jimin meets up with you at an alley. He's wearing a hoodie, mask and shades.

"Here." He hands you a bag. "Dad has a bunch of female bodyguards so it wasn't hard to find one your size. Are you sure you still wanna do this? It's not too late to back out you know."

"I know."

"Well at least I tried. Does Jungkook know about this?"

You nod your head, examining the uniform inside.

"What did he say?"

"He said he wanted to help."

"He really said that? Then what did you say?"

"I told him I didn't need his help." You shove the uniform back inside.

"Of course you did. You know it'd be a lot easier if you take advantage of him—I'm just saying. The guy almost has unlimited power."

"He's looking for my mother, Jimin. And god knows what he'll do if he finds out I'm her daughter. I can't have that."

He nods his head. "But what if he already knows?"

The thought has crossed your mind a couple of times. "I don't know."

"Hey if it makes you feel any better, I'm here for you if you ever need my help."

"Says the person who's always under his father's radar."

He tilts his head to the side, smirking. "I have ways of avoiding my dad you know. Well I better get going. There's two rats on my tail and I don't want to worry them. I'll see you soon, Y/n. And be careful."

-

Iseul grimaces. "You're a creep, you know that right?"

"Shut up."

"I swear to god if I knew my best friend was stalking me I'd straight up cut all ties with them." She voices out her mind, a little terrified but concerned for her brother because this habit could soon turn to an obsession.

The two siblings were on their way to buy groceries when the car took a different turn. It took Iseul less than a second to realize her brother was following Y/n.

"Didn't you just talk to her last night? How did the surprise go? Did she at least like the gift?" She asks knowing too well that you didn't take the gift. While searching for her lost EarPods, she found the familiar box inside the compartment.

He only glares at her.

"Sheesh someone obviously woke up on the wrong side of the bed today." Iseul rolls her eyes and she hears the door shut. "Where are you going?"

"I'll be right back."