065

"Y/n!"

Blood splatters all over the floor as a wave of pain floods your veins. You're almost regretting this decision. It feels like you've been beaten up all over even though the bullet penetrated one area.

Crap.

Maybe you should've shot your leg instead. You didn't think it'd hurt this bad. Jungkook ran to you the second the bullet struck you. Tears pool the corner of your eyes as you attempt to steady your breathe. Even that's painful.

"What the hell were you thinking, Y/n? If this is your way of pissing me off then you've definitely done it."

"I...was counting on it." You hiss when he presses a cloth against your abdomen to prevent more blood loss. He slips an arm under your legs and hoists you up while releasing a string of curses under his breath. Blood soaks to his own clothes as he brings you downstairs where a horrified abuelita is seen standing.

"Mi nino, what happened?"

"We got into an argument and she accidentally shot herself."

Abuelita gasps and then quickly helps with the door. "I told you it was too soon to give her a weapon. I'm sure the poor girl has never held one in her life."

Jungkook hums as he carefully puts you in the passenger seat. He cups your cheek before shutting the door, taking out his keys.

By now your vision's blurry and everything sounds as if you're in a cave. Noises are bouncing back and forth like an echo. You can feel the car moving and there's a pressure on your abdomen.

You force yourself to open your eyes. He wasn't lying when he said this place was high up in the mountains. There's a lot of trees.

"Just hang in there, Y/n." You can hear the panic in his voice and you'd be laughing if you weren't in so much pain. It's his fault you're in this mess.

You bite down on your lip from the excruciating pain that courses through your whole body, closing your eyes.

However, now that you're out of the house, you can initiate the second part of your escape plan.

You knew you had to shoot yourself at a place that would require help from a nearby hospital. That's why you specifically chose your abdomen. You've established that it was risky and also downright crazy but you had to get out of there no matter what.

At first, you considered your arm or thigh. But then realized that if you picked either of these places, it'd be easy to take care of it.

"Don't you even dare try to die on me."

As if.

How many minutes has it been already? You can't feel anything anymore. It's hard to stay awake too. Your body feels numb.

You can't quite make out the conversation he's having through his phone. As you feel the last ounce of your energy slowly slip out from your body, you eventually allow yourself to lose consciousness.

-

You wake up to a soft beeping sound. As you flutter your eyes open, a beige ceiling comes to view.

You inspect the translucent, flexible tube connected to your hand and swallow thickly. Your plan worked. Jungkook brought you to the hospital.

Taking in your surroundings, you realize that you're by yourself. You try to hoist yourself up. Keyword: try.

The pain from your wound causes your arms to shake like jelly. You curse inside your head. Next time you shoot yourself, you're aiming anywhere but your stomach.

It's no use trying to escape right now when you obviously don't have the strength to. Everything hurts.

You let out a sigh. The plan can wait.

A while ago you were soaked in your own blood but now you're in a hospital gown with a bandage wrapped around your stomach.

"Good afternoon, Miss Kim." A female with dark hair and glasses approaches your bed with a clipboard in her hand. She's wearing a white coat so you assume she's the doctor. "I'm Dr. Choi. I was in charge of your operation. So how are we feeling today? Are you comfortable? I'm Does the stitches hurt? Don't worry. I was told how self-conscious you get when it comes to scars but I promise you they will fade in about two-three months or so."

Unwittingly, you repeatedly tap your blanket. "When can I get discharge?"

"So given the circumstances, it's important that we keep a close eye on you. Bullet wounds can be very serious, and we need to make sure you're getting the proper treatment.

"Uhm. I feel fine though."

"I understand, but even though you feel fine, there could still be damage to your internal organs that we need to check. And given that the wound is on your abdomen, there's a risk of infection. It's important that we keep you in a sterile environment and monitor you closely."

"For how long?"

She drags her glasses up the bridge of her nose. "That depends on how your recovery progresses. We'll be able to tell more once we've done some testing and examined your wound."

You nod your head and she smiles. "I guess I should let you get some rest. You can press that bottom over there if you need anything."

"Actually, may I borrow your phone?" You tell her hesitantly. "My..dad might be worried sick."

"Of course." Just as Dr. Choi's about to hand you her phone, Jungkook walks in the room. He quickly places the plastic bags on a table and heads towards you.

"You're awake." His gentle eyes finds yours. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay." You say, stripping your gaze away from him.

"Can she leave today, Dr. Choi?"

"My advice is that she stays for about a week or two. This way we can keep an eye on her. It's important that we monitor her for any signs of infection or other complications."

"Very well Dr. Thank you."

She nods her head before leaving the room. You'd give anything to have the floor eat you up right now.

"You know what you did was stupid. You could've died."

"As if you care."

"I do care, Y/n. More than you know it. And it annoys me that you can't see that." He says in frustration. "I tried so hard to be patient with you, you know. It was never my intention to use any force. But you left me no choice. Why can't you see that I'm only trying to protect you-"

"Protect me from who!"

"From my father, Y/n." He says. "But you already know that."