014

Iseul can be unpredictable. You're proven right the following day. One minute she's hesitant to enter class. The next, she's bringing a bouquet of roses.

Red roses.

A wave of mutters rises. Some cringe, others choose to whisper, and the rest are enjoying the show.

"They're for you." A shaky voice and tensed muscles. Someone's making her do this.

"From?"

"Me obviously."

Oh. False alarm I guess.

You watch her tighten her lips, regret filling her face. "I mean it's from me. I-I picked them up this morning.. think of it as an apology bouquet."

"Hey Iseul, didn't expect you play for the other team." One howls like an excited wolf.

"Shut up!" She slams the bouquet on your desk and walks away right after, plopping on her seat. A few students start crowding her, shooting questions that makes you roll your eyes. The commotion eventually comes to an end when Jungkook steps inside.

Silence takes over for a few seconds before sounds gradually begin to grow. They retreat to their perspective desks while Jungkook takes the one in front of you, and he leans his chair back.

"Where'd you get the flowers."

"Your sister."

"Is she gay?"

"You tell me." You casually pluck a petal from a rose. "Probably her way of saying sorry."

"Should have picked a different flower if that was the case." Mumbles the man in front. He extends his arms in the air and stretches before taking out a chocolate bar from his pocket, handing it to you without looking back.

"Is it Valentine's Day already?"

"Just take the damn chocolate."

"Thank you."

"If you're really thankful then come watch the game later."

"No can't do." You dump the chocolate in your bag. "I've got some important things I need to take care of at home."

"Can't you do them tomorrow?"

You let out a deep breath. "No."

A chair screeches and it's Iseul walking towards her brother. Avoiding eye contact, she stomps her foot to the ground with hands clenched on both sides. "I wanna go home."

It's the pout for me.

Jungkook's automatic reaction is to roll his eyes to the side, grinding his teeth together. "I don't have time for this, kid. Go back to your seat."

"But-"

"Do you really wanna get yelled at by mom if she finds out you bailed classes?"

"She won't..if she doesn't find out."

Jungkook raises an eyebrow. "What makes you think I won't tell on you?"

"Because if you do, I'm telling Y/n about your obs-" Muffles follow right after as Jungkook drags her out the room, a hand behind her head and her face pressed tightly against his chest.

"I'll be right back."

And just like that, they walk away.

Later That Night

"Isle five needs restocking."

Nodding, you grab a medium sized box and head over to the snack area. Once that section's filled, you grab a broom from the other room and clear out a mess on the corner.

The entrance opens and a guy in a hoodie steps in. It's not until they walk over to the counter that you set aside the broom to attend to him.

You beep his things, mentioning the price right after.

The guy hums in a hoarse manner as he takes his wallet, handing you the exact amount.

He's rather....pale.

That's the first thing you realize. A gray shade crowds his sharp eyes, like he hasn't been sleeping for days.

Fortunately, this isn't the first time you've seen him.

He stops by the shop around mid night, grabbing any energy drink available and chips.

The guy takes his stuffs and leaves, just as a familiar face enters the store. With hands dug deep in his pockets, Jungkook strides to the counter and gives you a lifeless smile.

"How was the game?"

"Horrible." He sneers, rocking his body back and forth.

"Did you guys lose?"

"Oh not at all. I pretty much scored points for my team, won the game and yeah."

"How exactly is that horrible?"

"Well for starters, Iseul was there you were not." He peers over, trying to get a view of what's inside the cashier. "Need any help?"

"Unless you work here, no." You grab another box sitting at the corner since a section of a fridge needed restocking.

He trails behind like a puppy. "Your boss looking to hire another one?"

You glance over your shoulder. "Did you see a sign that says 'Staff Required' when you came in?"

"No."

"Then there you have it."

He tightens his lips in thought before looking around. "Maybe I could convince him-"

"Her."

"Even better. Maybe I can convince her to take me in. If you haven't noticed, I'm pretty good at that." He easily takes the box from you, winking.

Refraining from rolling your eyes, you point to a ground as a signal for him to put the box down.

"I think it'll be fun working with you."

"I doubt it." You mutter earning a smile from him.

"So I was thinking. If you aren't busy this weekend, maybe we could hang out? There's this new amusement park I've been dying to visit."

"Imma have to pass."

"Agai-"

"Jungkook!" The very familiar voice leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. Iseul appears from the corner with a fuming aura. Like she's ready to make a scene disregarding the fact that there are people inside the store.

Her brother gives her a stern look.

"I told you to wait in the car."

"You were taking too long!"

"Not here Iseul."

"Not here Iseul." She mocks and you're pretty sure that wasn't a good idea. Because if there's one thing Jungkook hates more than losing a game, it's getting mocked in that kind of manner.

Oh boy.