053

"I need to use the restroom."

"Can't you hold it in?"

"No. I can't. Like I really, really need to go." You've held it in for far too long and your bladder's cursing you in different languages. "So do you mind?"

You're this close to doing the dance.

He gives you a long stare that lasts for a minute before he gives in to your painful expressions. When the cold metal leaves your skin, it's like you can breath again. Nothing beats the feeling of freedom. Jungkook points behind you. "There's a restroom over there. I'll wait here. Don't take too long."

"No promises." With that being said, you quickly walk away. You relieve your bladder with a sigh and flush. After washing your hands real quick, you spend the next minute drying your hand before exiting. Jungkook remains in the very spot you left him. When your gaze meet, he attempts to grab your hand but you jump away with wide eyes. "No one's gonna kidnap me in public so give me a break."

He calmly leans in once more and pulls something embarrassing from behind you. Heat travels up your face as he scrunches the toilet paper and tosses it to the nearest bin. "You're welcome."

"Thank you." You mumble. "Are they gone already?"

"Mhmm. Not quite sure. They could be anywhere. Probably taking a number two for all I care." He's not as tense as he was a while ago. Which could mean the person who was following you is no longer here. "Now I feel like taking a number two."

He lets out a laugh despite his attempt to hold it back.

Click.

You smile at the image taken from your phone. It's been a while since you've seen him smile this freely. "Why?"

"Why not?" You say, shoving your phone back into your pocket before pointing at the nearest bubble tea shop. "You have cash right? Buy me one." You've been craving for something sweet for quite some time now but couldn't buy one due to your tight budget. Although Jungkook's like a walking black card, you never plan to take advantage of that. However, you'll take this as his way of saying sorry for cuffing you.

"You know they're not good for you right?"

"When has that ever stopped me though? Let's go." You skip away like a little child, pushing the door open and making a beeline to the front. "I'd like the matcha please. With pearls and uh. A hundred percent sugar."

"Make that fifty percent, Miss." Jungkook cuts in quickly as he pulls his wallet from his pocket. "We'll also take this combo."

The combo consists of three platters of nachos, buffalo wings, a huge cheese pizza, two liters of sprite and the last random one on the menu, salad.

In a playful manner, you rest your head against his arm and grin from ear to ear. "Not gonna lie. It feels nice to have a rich friend."

He barely gives you a glance as he hands over the cash to the lady behind the register. While waiting for your orders, you occupy the seat that's the furthest away from the entrance. For safety purposes. "You know you ordered enough to feed a whole classroom. I don't think we'll be able to finish it in one sitting."

"That's your problem then. We're not leaving this place until every plate is clean."

"Do you want me to end up with an upset stomach?"

"No. I want you to eat. You think I haven't noticed that you've lost a lot of weight? You're close to becoming a walking skeleton." He utters using a serious tone, placing you in a tight spot. "What's going on with you?"

So maybe it has been a tough week. It's hard to breath when you're at home and the same goes when you're outside. Work has become painful and you're having a hard time keeping cash in your wallet. Everything's chaotic and second thoughts of dropping school to work full time has been crossing your mind.

"I've got a lot on my mind." You force a smile on your face. "But I don't want to talk about it. Oh look! Our orders' here."

After drinking the view of the delicious food, you grab a huge slice of pizza and take a bite from it.

Flavors bless your tastebuds.

"This is so good." When he hands you a tissue, you take it and wipe the side of your mouth before reaching for a buffalo wing. But you notice he's not joining you.

"You're not eating anything. Come on take one. I don't want to be the only one enjoying all these."

"Eat slowly. You'll end up choking."

"I'm fin-" You cough. He quickly opens a water bottle and hands it to you.

"See I told you didn't I? Eat slowly." Once you think your throats cleared, you set the water down and laugh in amusement at his concerned face.

"What?"

"Nothing." You stifle a laugh. "It's just that, you're acting like a total mom right now."

He mumbles something under his breath while dragging the bowl of salad in front of you.

"Well I'm glad you're enjoying yourself." He says with a hint of sarcasm highlighting his tone. "I don't care if you don't finish these up, just make sure you eat this." He's referring to the vegetable in front of you.

"But I don't like green."

"And I don't like it when you eat food that are high in calories but look at you now?"

"I only ordered a drink. You added the rest yourself."

"Because I know damn well that you won't eat if I only bought you salad." At least he knows. Shrugging your shoulders, you push the bowl away and happily chew on your chicken. He rolls his eyes but doesn't say anything.

Instead, he pulls the bowl to his side since it's obvious you have no plans to touch it.

-

Later that night, you sneak out from your house Father's passed out on the couch with the tv screen turned on.

The park's calm and silent. But there are a few people out doing late night walks.

"Did I make you wait?"

"I just got here actually." Jimin pushes his hoodie off and smiles at your presence. He hands you a brown folder to which you take. "I had my men run through the security cameras and did some digging like you asked. The guy that saved you at Jeju? He goes by the code name Arson. Unfortunately, that's all we got. Familiar?"

Arson.

You allow your gaze to linger on the pictures. They're not really clear but you can vaguely shape out the features clad in a hoodie. A prominent nose. A long face. Almond eyes.

It's been a while since you've known someone's following been you. At first you thought it was one of Jungkook's men. But after today, you stand corrected.

"Thanks Jimin. I owe you big time."

"Hey, it's no problem at all. Just promise me you won't get yourself in trouble." He says. "I better get going. And you should too. We still have school tomorrow."

With that being said, he disappears into the night.