056

You're on your way home after school when a car pulls up beside you. The windows roll down to reveal Jungkook with his glasses on. Normally, he sticks with contact lenses. "Are you gonna keep staring or you gonna get in?"

It's not like you have anywhere else to be anyway. You take the passenger's seat and he helps you buckle the seatbelt. You notice some plastics still in tact with the vehicle. Also. That fresh car smell. "New car?"

"You could say that. Are you hungry? We can have dinner anywhere you want. My treat. Actually wait. I think I know a place." He locks the doors. You subtly glance at the side mirror, noticing the grey van behind. They've been on your tail since you step foot outside of school. Suddenly Jungkook increases speed and the vehicle follows suit.

Then you hear a gunshot.

Jungkook curses. "Hang on, Y/n."

Your heart begins to race frantically against your chest. Bullets are shot and when one breaks the window behind, you can't help but shriek and duck. He then begins driving like one of those crazy race car drivers. Sharp turns without stopping.

"They're catching up." Your eyes fly wide when you see how close they are. Not only that, at least three men can be seen with guns in their hold. Jungkook tries to ditch them by making a left turn into a different road. He losses them but only for a hot minute. They emerge once again with speed. "Y/n I need you to listen carefully okay? There's a gun in that compartment and I'm gonna need you to shoot. Remember what I thought you?"

You take the gun out and show hesitancy.

In order to make a clear shot, you'd have to poke your head outside the window too. Is he trying to get you killed?

Oh what the heck.

You do just that. The impact of the wind causes your hair to sway wildly. It's hard to keep a steady stance when you're unable to control the motions around you. But you think you've locked your target. You make three shots and quickly dive back.

Eventually, you watch the vehicle sway to the side. Jungkook doesn't slow down until you're at a safe distance. After twenty minutes, he finally brings the car to a stop in front of his house. He takes that gun from you. "I think you should stay with me for the mean time. And I'm not taking no for an answer."

Okay then.

He shows you what room you'll be staying at. "Just make yourself comfortable. There's food in kitchen and feel free to order anything as well. I'll cover the cost."

When you reach the kitchen, he ushers you to take a seat on one of the stools and you do so. He pulls out something to eat from the fridge and judging by the presentation, they're still fresh and untouched. He takes the seat across from you as you help yourself with some food.

You're famished.

"How are you so calm right now? You almost got killed."

You pop a spoon full of rice inside your mouth and cough, reaching for a bottle of water. "Were you expecting a different reaction then? Cause you're not getting one."

"You purposely shot their tires didn't you? For someone who has held a gun once, you sure know how to make an shot."

"I got lucky I guess." You say. "Listen. I don't think it's a good idea for me to stay here. So I'll probably leave after I eat thi-"

He shakes his head. "You're not leaving."

"I'm sorry what?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "I said you're not leaving. You saw how dangerous it is out there. And besides, if I wanted you dead, I would've killed you myself."

"I'm sorry but are you my dad?" You say tiredly. "You don't get to make decisions for me."

"No. But I can force you." He says bluntly. "And in case you haven't realized it yet, I'm not the type of person to make empty threats. I warned you didn't I? And many times at that."

"Want the honest truth from me? Yes. If I could have things my way, I wouldn't let you step foot outside."

You laugh in disbelief. "Wow okay. Tell you what. Let's pretend we never had this conversation and that I'm late for something." You check your nonexistent watch and say with zero enthusiasm. "Would you look at the time? I'm late for whatever I'm late for. I got to go."

"I don't think so." He casually says, stepping away from the stool. "You can try leaving, but I can guarantee you, you won't. The front door's locked I wouldn't try using the windows. Unless you wanna end up being a human barbecue. I'll be in my office if you need me." He grins and walks away.

The second he's gone, you head towards the door. But just like he said, it won't open. You try the windows next but end up flinching when you get electrocuted.

You can't believe it. You run your fingers through your hair and scoff in disbelief.

You stomp your way upstairs and barge through the office of his door. He's behind a large desk with a bunch of papers piled up neatly.

"You can't keep me here."

"You think so? I could say otherwise."

He's about to sign a paper when you yank it from his table. Although annoyed, at least you have his attention now. "I don't want things to be complicated between us, Jeon. So before you get on my nerves, I need you stop being stubborn and let me go."

"Do you have a death wish? You know how dangerous it is out there. Someone's literally trying to kill you!" He slams the pen down and stands to tower over your figure. "And if it weren't for me, you'd already be dead."

And here we go again. You clench your fists until they're pale as snow. "How many times do I have to tell you people I can take care of myself. Im not as weak as I look."

"That doesn't change the fact that there's someone out there who wants you dead." When he takes a step forward, you take a step back. "You can glare all you want Y/n, but I'm only doing this because I care about you. And nothing you say will change my mind. Nothing."

"Maybe you should care less. You'd be doing me a favor."

You can hear his breathing become more ragged. With each passing second, the tension between you keeps growing. It's almost hard to breath. But he has to know that he has no right keeping you here against your will.

"You think I haven't tried?" He says, causing you to stare at him in confusion. "Because I have. But every time I try to ignore you, you make stupid moves and say stupid things that lures me even more. I hate the way you smile. I hate the sound of your voice. I hate every second I'm with you." He takes a step forward causing you to place a gap in between. "Do you know how hard it is for me every time you look my way? I've told myself countless times to end things with you. But I can't and it's all your fault."

The back of your knee hits the edge of a couch making you fall. He plants his arms on both side of you, trapping you with his eyes still fixed with yours.

"Do you understand what I'm telling you, Y/n? Even if I try, I can't help myself but fall for you even more."