041

"Taemee handled all the paper works back then. Nothing came in or out without her knowledge. She oversaw my father's work, made sure that everything went by smoothly. You could say she was second in command after my father. I was just a kid back then so there's not much I can remember. But the night before she left, they had a huge argument. She brought with her some papers that could easily bring my father down. I guess she thought she could get away with it that easily."

Yoongi's words echo in your hair as you stare at the ceiling of your room. Could she still be alive? You wipe a hand down your face, feeling a headache forming. The sun's about to rise and you barely had any sleep. Forcing your body off the bed, you saunter to the bathroom and prepare for school. 

The living room's still-quiet by the time you get there, father seen unconscious on the couch. An empty bottle of alcohol barely hangs for its dear life between his loose fingers.

You make it to school a couple of minutes later, passing through loud students conversing amongst each other. You should have taken something for your headache before coming here. The noises are only making your head throb even more. 

Someone gently knocks on your locker, inquiring your attention. Jimin's gaze narrows at the sight of your features. He fixes the weight of his backpack, pointing out your state. "You look awful. Did you get any sleep last night?"

Sighing, you shut your locker and proceed down the hall. Even giving a simple answer feels like a task. Jimin catches up, walking side by side with you in silence. When you realize he just passed his classroom, you decide to face him and ask. "Can I help you?"

Observing the way hesitancy flashes his face, you can tell his thinking of ways to start the conversation. Eventually he begins with a soft. "Why didn't you say anything? About...about what happened to you?"

He's careful as to not let anyone hear what you're talking about, gaze alert every once in a while.

He's referring to that time you got kidnapped. It's not like it never crossed your mind. Because it has. But who would believe a random teenager like you? You even made it out of there alive. So It's really no use. You scratch the side of your head, closing your eyes before fluttering them open. "Do you want me to say something?" It's not your intention to come out as blunt, but for some reason, every muscle in your body is aching. 

"No."

"Didn't think so." Fingers clasp around your wrist just as you're about to walk away. And then next thing you know, Jimin's pressing his palm against your forehead. "You're burning up." He whispers. "We need to get you to the nurse' office."

Another hand reaches out and strips Jimin's hand away from you. "I'll take it from here." Jungkook utters strained annoyance and without wasting a second, he grabs you by the arm and begins dragging you down the direction of the nurse' office. As if your body wasn't already in so much pain, he really has the audacity to start pulling you like this. 

"Jungkook-"

"You have a lot of explaining to do." He pushes the door to the empty office open and drags you to the bed, making you sit. The smell of sterile makes you scrunch your nose from how strong it is. This full-body ache's killing you. And if Jungkook continues to toss you around like some useless rag, you might actually end up dying. "Lay down." 

"No. I have to get to class-"

"Stop being stubborn and just do as I say." When he forcefully pushes you down on the bed, he triggers a heavy pain all over your head that causes you to squint your eyes shut. And he notices that. 

He leaves your side for a moment and returns with a thermometer, gently placing it inside your ear. "You know what? Consider yourself lucky you're sick. I wouldn't have gone easy on you if you weren't. " You hold back a laugh of disbelief.

"Instead of talking crap like that, I think it'd be better if you leave." Does he think you like being talked down like this? It's hard enough dealing with this at home. 

"And then what? You'll ask your little boyfriend Jimshit to come over?" He scoffs. "As if." 

Why even bother arguing with him at this rate? "Just leave already." He eventually takes the thermometer and stares at the numbers present. He doesn't have to say anything. Because you know very well that you've gotten yourself a fever. 

"Get up." 

Oh for the love of god. 

If you're being completely honest, your mind's so hazy you barely knew you had taken a flower vase from the mini table stand and swung it towards his direction. Maybe it's the frustration within you. Or the bottled up anger you've collected throughout the years. You only found out that your mother could still be alive and that's still hard to take in. 

By the time you realize what you had done, blood can be seen dripping from Jungkook's forehead. The vase had hit him. Your eyes widens and it's as if the air has been sucked out from your lungs.