043

"When you said you'd bring me home, I wasn't expecting you to bring me...here."

A familiar building can be seen from where Jimin parks his motorcycle. Distant sounds of cars passing engulfs the moment of silence as you work to unclasp the helmet. The environment leaves you narrowing your eyes in confusion.

This isn't your home.

Jimin offers his hand and gently helps you step down from the seat. The gush of evening breeze that passes by causes your hair to sway with the wind, leaving an awful mess.

"Yeah well, I thought staying with your aunt might do you more favor than your father's." He shrugs his shoulders. "Just saying."

Does that mean he knows what goes on between you and your father behind closed doors? You lick the bottom of your lip, unknowingly leaving a glistening effect. "How long have you known?"

You're almost hesitant to ask but this needs to be addressed. Has he been stalking you?

He pretends to think, staring at the sky and then gently back at you. "A month. Maybe two or three. It doesn't matter. What matters is that there's someone who's more than willing to take care of you. This fever won't go away that easily you know."

Jimin glances at his watch and makes a thin line with his lips. If they were normally full and puffy a few seconds ago, now they're gone.

He now looks bothered.

You'd think he was late for something.

"So um.. I better get going." He says. With a reluctant smile, he circles around you to get to his ride. He clasps his helmet on and turns to face you. "Word of advice. Just go easy on yourself okay? People like your aunt would be devastated if anything were to happen to you."

Before you can ask how he knew your aunt's location or the situation you have with your father, Jimin brings his ride to life and drives away without looking back.

Now that you think about it, he was always a rather reserved guy.

Academically, he's not that bad. He's also athletic. Rumors has it that he has an amazing voice.

He's a trouble maker but something tells you there's more to the story.

Is getting detention his way of escaping the harsh reality set upon him? Unless he opens up, one can never know.

Aunt Mira opens the door of her condo and smiles at your presence, engulfing you in a hug. When she draws back, her face structures into a look of concern and she presses a palm against your burning forehead.

"Please don't tell me you have a fever, sweetheart."

All you can do is give her a weary smile. "I kinda need a place to crash. Is it okay with you if I stay here for a while? "

"Oh honey." She tucks a strand of your hair behind your ear. "You can stay here for as long as you want. Come in."

She leads you to the living room, taking your backpack and sets it aside. Not a moment too soon and someone rings the doorbell. Aunt Mira walks away only to return with Taehyung by her side.

His smile fades and so does yours. You bet only you and him can feel the tension rising. He was angry last time you talked to him.

"Listen Tae sweetheart, I know we planned to work on that case of yours but something came up and I really have to get going." Aunt Mira glances your way before pulling him to the corner. You watch as she constantly gestures towards your direction, mumbled words coming off from her lips. And after a minute, Taehyung can be seen nodding his head and Aunt Mira patting the side of his arm with a grateful smile.

"Y/n honey, I got a call from my coworker earlier and they badly need me back at work. So in the meantime, Tae will stay keep you company okay?"

You blink your eyes. "Im okay on my own though."

"Yeah I know that. But just in case you need a helping hand or something, I've asked him to keep you company."

Basically, she asked him to babysit you.

"I'll be back once everything's cleared at work okay?" She gives you a kiss on the head, grabs her keys and jacket before leaving the condo.

Fever's tend to get worse at night. If you felt sore and exhausted this morning, now you feel dead.

Ignoring his stare, you decide to go grab some blankets and pillows from your aunt's room. It was unexpected when Jimin suddenly brought you here. By the time you return to the living room, Taehyung's pouring water on a glass with tablets sitting on the coffee table.

"Here. Drink this. It'll help you sleep."

Without a word, you take the tablet and swallow it while examining the label on the blister pack. A familiar name comes to view. This tablet's definitely for a fever and not just a sleeping pill.

"Thanks."

"We still have a lot to talk about, Y/n."

"Yeah? Well not tonight. In case you haven't noticed, I'm sick as hell." You bluntly say as you circle around him to plop on the couch. Cold fingers touch your forehead the second you settle down and he tsks under his breath.

"You're burning."

"You don't say?"

So maybe you're a bit ticked off by your last encounter. Then again who wouldn't be?

Even if Jungkook was the reason for your disappearance, he still has no right to assume you'd cover for him just because you like him.

"You know I only spoke that way because I'm worried about you. You disappeared for days, Y/n. I thought I was gonna go crazy. But then you show up and refuse to tell me anything."

You'd be worried too if one of your closest friends disappeared without a word.

But things right now are complicated.

"It won't happen again. So stop worrying." You tell him.

"You know I can't help but worry about you."

-

A/n

I can't BELIEVE this reached 100k views!
Thank you!

-BV💜