055

While in the waiting area, Taehyung catered to the questions asked by the police officers.

He's feeding them answers made up on the spot.

Beyond those closed doors is the operating room. Arson lost consciousness while on the way here due to the immense bleeding. You've been here for an hour already.

"Thank you." After talking to the officials, Taehyung comes and occupies the seat beside you, leaning forward with hands clasped together. He stares at your side profile, to which you choose to ignore. "Still won't tell me why we followed him here?"

"He's cute." You say bluntly.

"Thinking he's cute doesn't count as a reasonable explanation. And that's also so unlike you. "Pausing, he recalls what had happened. "Who taught you how to fight like that?"

"You know I like watching karate kid. I may have picked up a couple of techniques along the way." Standing, you decide to circle outside the door of the operating room as if that would speed time up. You turn to Taehyung. "Hey, do you think he'll live?"

"I barely know the guy but something tells me he will." You give him a smile for that. "Do you know him? Back there, it seems like you recognized him."

"You think so? Don't you think he has one of those fac-."You trail off when you turn to see him standing so close to you. He was sitting over there just a few seconds ago. "-es. You know. He's uhm."

"Cute?"

Blinking, you nod your head. "Uh yeah. That."

After what felt like forever, the door opens to reveal the doctor. "How is he, doc?"

"We were able to remove the bullet and stop the bleeding. He should be good to go after a few days."

"Thank you doctor." He nods his head and excuses himself.

"He won't be up until a couple of hours. We could grab something to eat and then maybe check up on him tomorrow." Taehyung checks his watch. "It's nearly two."

"Yeah, I could use some shut eye." You grab your bag that was on the bench, walking away. "I'll see you tomorrow, Tae."

The night air attacks your body the second you step out. Judging by the clouds in the usually clear sky, it's gonna rain soon. Maybe a storm. Shivers run down your spine as you spot a coming figure emerging from darkness.

"Hey, I got your text." Jimin comes running to you and his hands lands on your shoulders, pushing you side to side in an investigating manner. "Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

"I'm fine Jimin." You assure him. "Thanks for coming."

"You said you were attacked. I'd still come even if you had a splinter." He says, biting the bottom of his lip and letting go before asking. "But why am I really here?"

"I need you to keep an eye on, Arson."

He blinks his eyes, trying to process what you're saying. And then he laughs. "Wait hold on. Just because I come waltzing in every time you call me doesn't mean I'm willing to play attendant. My hands are constantly full and you telling me to watch him will only raise my father's suspicions."

"I didn't mean for the whole night. Only for an hour or two." You tell him. "I'll take over then. I just need to make sure he doesn't run off before I can get answers."

"So like babysit him?"

"He'll be asleep. If you're lucky." You whisper. "Just watch him. I'll be back as soon as I can."

"You better grab me some mochi on the way back." He kisses his teeth as he watches you run towards the exit of the hospital perimeters. "The things I do for her. Seriously."