057

Author's POV

Iseul was in the middle of creating a presentation for his group when hands land on the table she's using.

"Where is she?" Jimin asks with a voice you don't want to mess with.

"You know you're not supposed to talk in the library right?"

"I don't have time for this so tell me where the hell she is."

"You mean Y/n? What makes you think I know where she is?"

"Since I can't find your annoying brother, you're the next person I know who likes keeping tabs of her whereabouts."

She narrows her eyes in concern. "Did you try asking that other friend of hers? What was his name again. Taehyung?"

Jimin gives her a long stare. Judging by her reaction, she really doesn't know where you are. "Nevermind."

"Hey wait-" Iseul starts only to get shushed by the librarian. Jimin storms out the building and Iseul grabs her phone to text her brother.

-

"Do you understand what I'm telling you, Y/n? Even if I try, I can't help myself but fall for you even more."

Pressing your hands against his chest, you push him out of your way. If he won't let you go, then you'll force your way out. He watches you leave the office in silence, seconds before he tosses a vase across the room due to frustration.

You head something crash but don't bother looking back. After what he said, his face's the last thing you want to see. The windows are made of glass. If you hit it with something hard, you'll be able to get out. But after further inspection, you realize they're made out of Picardie tempered glassware. The closest thing to unbreakable glasses.

The door's probably made out of cedar wood. The locks won't budge no matter how much you try. You try the kitchen door but find no success and then check to see if there are any openings in the restrooms. You spot a window but it's too small for you to fit through. Three hours later, you decide to confront Jungkook once more only to find an empty office with pieces of broken vase collected to sit above the coffee table.

You saunter to his room, finding it half opened. Maybe he's keeping the key to this house here since you couldn't find anything at his office. You can trace out a shirtless figure collapsed on the bed, stomach facing down. After what happened today, you won't blame him for being exhausted. It's dark but the only source of light is coming from the bathroom connected to his room and your phone.

With light steps, you circle the bed to where his nightstand is. You carefully open each drawer, hoping to find some sort of key or remote that could get you out of here. Your eyes adjusts to the faint darkness, but it's still hard to look around without making any noise.

You don't find anything. Just papers and more papers and some condoms. You make a disgusted face.

This isn't how you expected your day to turn out. How on earth are you supposed to get out of here now? Your eyes catch something sitting on top of a pillow.

A key.

Out of excitement, you almost drop your phone.

This is a king sized bed. So in order to grab the key, you'd have to climb up and crawl all the way to get it. Your gaze lands on the bare skin of his well defined back muscles. In your heart, you pray he's really fast asleep and not pretending to.

After much deliberation, you go around the bed and shoot your shot. In the most lightest motions, you plant your fists against the bed and your knees follows suit. Every inch you take forward, you're keeping an eye on the sleeping person.

Slowly but surely, you're at arm's reach. You should've known never to take your eyes away from danger. Because the moment you did, a familiar cold metal finds itself around your wrist with a click.

The lamp on the nightstand flickers and when you look up, Jungkook's already pressing his back against the headboard with arms crossed against his bare chest. He's looking at you as if he was expecting this.

You roll your eyes and follow his posture with exhaustion. You're defeated. And cuffed to the bed.

"Just so you know, this is the key for my storage room."

You poke the inside of your cheek, avoiding his gaze.

"I'm guessing you were looking for this?" He pulls out a golden key hooked to a miniature gun from underneath his pillow. "You can have it."

Is this a joke?

"What difference would that make? It's not like you're gonna get this thing off me."

"Mhh. At least you know." His gaze turns serious. "Y/n, about what I said earlier. Can we talk about it?"

You mumble incoherent words under your breath, looking away.

"You probably hate me now don't you?" His voice sounds heavy. Even when he laughs, there's no ounce of amusement or sincerity in it. Just plain heaviness. "My timing's always off. But I want you to know that I meant what I said, Y/n. I really li-"

"Then let me go."

He clenches his jaw. "I can't do that. Not yet."

"Then I don't believe you. You said you're doing this to protect me right? But how do I know you're not planning to keep me here like a some psycho."

You need him to get mad. Just enough to find you as an annoyance and let you go. He needs to let you go. You can't stay here and pretend you need someone to protect you.

For some reason, his gaze softens. His cold hand cups your cheek and that's when you realize he's gently wiping a tear away with his thumb.

Why are you crying? You don't know. Or maybe you do know. For the longest time, life hasn't been fair to you. Living in an abusive home is painful. School isn't easy. Life is difficult and you're afraid it'll stay that way. And now, somebody wants you dead.

But knowing that there's someone willing to do anything just to keep you safe brings a turmoil of emotions in your heart. You don't want to cry in front of him. You don't want to look weak. You promised you wouldn't. But why is it so hard?

You've bottled your emotions for far too long.

He unlocks you and pulls you to his chest. More tears trickle down your face as he runs his hand down your back in a comforting manner. Jungkook doesn't say anything as you continue to cry in his arms. Eventually, due to exhaustion, you fell asleep.

He fixes the blanket over your body and then stares at your swollen closed eyes. This was the first time he has ever seen you cry. He's known you to be someone who puts on a strong font. This was a new side of you he has never seen before.

He kisses you on the forehead before leaving the room in silence.