037

You're cornered. The atmosphere's tense and he's got his hand on your skirt.

Without context, this scene can be taken differently.

A punch suddenly gets thrown across the air. Taehyung's stripped from you to collide harshly on the ground.

Blood drips from his nose and anger acts as a fuel for Jungkook.

"I should have known you were trouble the second you showed up." Said person grabs him by the collar and hoists him up, leaving him zero seconds to recover before he's throwing another punch across his face.

If these two get caught, they'll end up getting in trouble for sure.

And you don't want to be present when that happens. It's not like you're their keeper or anything.

They're full grown men who know what's right from wrong. They can handle themselves.

Just as you're about to make it out alive, the class advisor just had to show up in that exact moment.

Like a deer stuck in a headlight, your body fails to move. Two more teachers show up to separate the two from killing each other. They manage to pry the other off, struggling to hold them back.

Their hair's a mess and their uniform's decorated with each other's blood.

"The three of you." The scariest one of them all utters with a long stick in between. "Detention!"

What the heck?

And just like that, you're thrown into a situation you didn't want to get involved with in the first place.

After school, you reluctantly enter the detention room where Mr Chan can be seen scribbling instructions on the board. When you both lock gazes, he gestures the seats and clears his throat.

He glides to your desk and gently plants a blank paper on top of it. "You may start writing your self-reflection paper."

The door swings open to reveal a rowdy Jimin walking in like he's fresh from a party. "Hey teach! It's me again."

"Mr Park." He regards monotonously.

"Well if it isn't the famous Kim Y/n." He plops on the seat beside yours. "Fancy seeing you here. Again. In detention. Hey, where's that friend of yours? The feisty one. What was her name again? Oh right. Iseul."

Mr Chan slams a paper above Jimin's desk and gives him a strained warning stare. "Reflective essay. You can leave this room once you've written a thousand words."

"But teach. You know I suck with essays."
With the way he acts, you can tell he's been in detention way too many times. It's almost pitiful to see how comfortable he his.

Either way, Jimin does as he's told with strings of complains pouring from his lips only to get distracted by the presence of the other two students stepping foot inside the room.

From here, you can spot visible signs of violence decorating their features. Taehyung has an ugly bruise on his upper cheek and his left eye. Jungkook's lip has a cut and a purple gnash is seen on one cheek too.

"Hey uh teach." Jimin raises a hand. "Can I excuse myself? Just for today? I just remembered I had to uh.. help my dad with some... stuffs."

"You can leave after you submit your paper." Like he's in a rush, Jimin grabs his bag pack and drops off an empty paper on his way out.

"Mr Park-"

"I'll sit in tomorrow teach." If you look closely, Jimin displays an unreadable expression when he walks past Jungkook and out the door.

Mr Chan can only let out a sigh at this rate, gesturing the two boys to grab a paper and take a seat.

You'll disregard the fact that Jimin looked like he had a seen a ghost.

"I feel like crap." Taehyung mumbles as he occupies the seat to your left. He scoots closer, making your desks touch.

Without sparing him a glance, you answer nonchalantly. "You look like crap."

"Wow thanks, Y/n."

"No problem. Just make sure you don't get any blood on my side of the desk." You take a tissue from your bag and hand it to him. Taehyung gets the idea and uses it to wipe his bloody lip.

Right before the teachers could separate them, it's no lie that he was beaten up pretty badly.

"No promises."

You've already got five hundred words in. Five hundred more to go. "Don't look now, but I think your little friend over there's thinking of ways to murder me."

"Don't be ridiculous. If he wanted you dead he'd have already shot you by now."

There's a fifty fifty percent truth and lie to your statement.

Something snaps in the air. Like someone's just slapped an item on top of a surface. When you look towards the source of the sound, Jungkook's already handed his paper on the teacher's desk and leaves without saying a word.

"He's a jealous type isn't he?" Taehyung utters without taking his gaze away from his paper.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Something tells me you do. You're just pretending not to notice anything. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Y/n. I can read you like an open book."

Scratching sounds fill the lull of silence before he breaks the ice once more. "To be honest, he irritates me. If I could, I'd expose him right here and now."

"You're not only here to keep an eye on him aren't you?"

Confirmation comes through the form of a hum. "Seems like I can't hide anything from you too. I'm here to dig up more information. " With a serious gaze, he meets your eyes. "So try not to get in the way. I don't want you getting hurt."

Taehyung finishes up his paper and submits it to the teacher before leaving the room.

Sometimes you find it hard to believe how your life turned out this way. You have Jungkook, who's supposedly a criminal. And Taehyung who's putting himself in danger by just being here.

It's like a plot twist straight out from a book.