028

You fell asleep not long after. So maybe the drink he gave you had a drug.

Although he hates doing this especially to you, it's too late to feel any remorse.

He takes your phone and easily taps in the password.

As he scrolls through the contacts, he comes across a name he's seen and heard of before. "Mira.."

Your detective aunt who's nothing but an obstacle to his father's work.

Your last call happened a few days ago. He tries to find something- anything in your messages only to find nothing.

After spending about five minutes scanning through your phone, he pokes the inside of his cheek and puts the phone away, tugging the ends of his hair. At that exact moment, the door to the room opens to reveal his sister with a black backpack hanging on her shoulder.

However, her reaction to the unconscious girl beside him makes her freeze.

He raises an eyebrow. "What?"

"Why is she...not moving? Don't tell me you actually drugged her like you said you would?"

"Is that really important right now?" He utters in plain annoyance, ushering her over. "Did you bring it?"

"I mean yeah. What do you take me for?" Iseul places the backpack on the bed and unzips it. "You'd think you'd prioritize your health more than some stupid auction. Can't believe you made me your substitute."

"Old habits die heard."

"It's not an old habit if you never tried getting rid of it."

The latter takes out a suitcase the shade of a night less sky. Upon opening it, he lifts the gun and examines it to his eye level.

The letters AH inscribed on the weapon brings a shiver down Iseul's spine.

Although shiny, signs of scratches could be seen on its golden surface.

"Still can't believe you wasted a hundred fourteen thousand dollars for a rusty looking gun." She tilts her head to capture the base of the weapon. "Why the heck is it so expensive anyway?"

"It's because it belonged to Hitler." He carefully puts it back to its case, an addition to his collection.

Iseul scratches the back of her neck as her gaze gradually turns to you. Before he drugged you, did he perhaps think things through?

You won't wake up until tomorrow.

"You know she's gonna hate you if she finds out you drugged her right? And just a little sibling advice yeah?" She hesitantly starts off, uncertain. "I'd start telling her the truth. Who knows? She might even help you out."

Jungkook lifts a fine eyebrow. "Tell me this, Iseul. What kind of sane person would help out a criminal uh? Chances are, if I do that, she'll put me behind bars."

"Then why are you still keeping her?"

"It's complicated."

"I don't think it is. Knowing you, you'd have killed her the moment you knew she would be a hindrance to your plan." She tells him. "You're not keeping her because you think she won't do anything. You're keeping her because you have feelings for her don't you?"

"That's enough Iseul."

"Oh, would you look at that? You're angry. Why am I not surprised?"

"What exactly is your point uh?"

She gives him a nonchalant face. "You have to get rid of her. Before it's too late. I'm not ready to see you or dad end up in jail or worse, dead on the streets okay? So before any of that happens, kill her."

-

The Following Morning

What stirs your awake is the sun poking from the window.

And it takes you about five seconds to realize where you're at.

You jolt awake only to freeze when a little mumble emits from your side.

Jungkook, still fast asleep, subconsciously drapes and arm over your lap and settles.

Last night, you remember watching your favorite series and dozed off. Staying the night wasn't the plan. But here you are in this unexpected predicament.

The clock hanging on the wall says it's already eight.

You attempt to carefully put his arm aside but that plan gets thrown out the hospital's window.

"Y/n?" Says the boy with a raspy voice. "You're awake already?"

"Mhh. I have to go."

He purses his upper lips and pout, refusing to open his eyes completely. Using the arm that's still draped over you, he pulls you to him and hurries his face against tummy.

"Five more minutes."

"I have work though, kook."

"Can't you quit?"

"You know I can't do that."

"Why not?"

You frown. "I just can't."

"If this is because of money, I can give you some. Just quit." This is probably all sleep talk. He has zero of what he's saying.

"I appreciate the offer, but I think I manage."

Silence. You take that he's gone back to sleep.

This time you easily escape his hold and slip right through the doors and out of the hospital.

If you grab a bus and go straight to work, you'll have seven minutes to spare.

So with that thought in mind, for the next two minutes, you wait under a bus stand.