027

It's been three days since you were dragged to the hospital. And for the last two days, you've been getting calls nonstop.

And it's the exact same conversation in repeat.

Iseul tells you Jungkook wants to see you and you answer by saying you're busy with school.

"You think I haven't told him that? I don't understand why you won't come. You're his friend right? So stop by already."

"I can't. I have school. And other things to take care of." The house's peaceful without dad around. But when the sun sets, this household becomes a nightmare.

"Tell me, Y/n. " You don't have to see her to know she's pinching the bridge of her nose. "How would you feel if someone kept pestering you to call someone over? You don't answer his calls or even text him back."

"I've been really busy."

"Not busy enough to answer my calls. Seriously though. Did something happen between you guys?"

"Um-"

"Wait. I got to go. If you plan to visit, do it between seven and ten. He'll be less cranky then."

Iseul ends the call and you resume doing the laundry.

Apparently, Jungkook was shot and stabbed by a group of bandits. How he got himself tangled with them in the first place? You don't really want to know.

What you've come to know however; it's he can become a whole different person when the sun sets.

Around seven fifty, you debate wether to actually go to the hospital. Your aunt may have told you to avoid him, but a little visit won't hurt anyone.

You find yourself taking a bus, arriving after thirty minutes.

The smell of sterile greets you. You hate hospitals. Mostly because of their dry food. But this place looks promising for some odd reason. The counter easily gives you access and you're soon entering Jungkook's private room.

The room's cozy. With a view of the city lights. There's a couch in the side facing a tv screen. And a stool right beside the patient's bed.

With Iseul nowhere to be seen, you find him all fast asleep. And god does he look so vulnerable.

"What on earth have you gotten yourself into, Jeon?" It's barely a whisper. Signs of beating could be seen through the bruises scattered all over his face and body.

You refuse to imagine what the stab even looks like.

As you place a basket of fruits on top of a table, you hear a faint clicking noise behind, followed by a low "Who the hell are you and what are you doing here?"

A chill slithers down your spine. In a slow motion, you turn around to see a gun pointing your way. Jungkook's eyes widens and he quickly discards the weapon, trying to hide it underneath his pillow.

"Y/n." He says, struggling to sit. "It's you. When did you get here?"

Pretending you never saw the gun, you smile at him. "A few minutes ago. You look like crap by the way."

He rolls his eyes. "Nice to see you too I guess. You ignoring me by the way? Totally appreciate it."

The sarcasm doesn't go unnoticed. "I wasn't ignoring you though. Didn't Iseul tell you I was busy with school?"

"Don't give me that crap, Y/n. You were avoiding me even before this happened." He bitterly stares at the transparent wires connected to his veins. "But I'm glad you came."

"I wasn't planning to but your sister did a pretty good job convincing me sooo." As you amble towards him, you notice a purple bruise on the surface of his collarbone. His body must be sore.

"I heard you were shot."

"I was."

"I'm guessing you won't tell me how you ended up in that situation?" He shakes his head.

"Well. Worth a shot. I brought fruits. Your favorite ones." You look around. "Where'd Iseul go by the way?"

"Not sure."

"Oh. I um.. I guess I'll get going. Just stopped by to check up on you."

"So soon?"

"I mean yeah. Still got class tomorrow-"

"It's Saturday."

Can you shut up?

"Right. Maybe I'll stay for a couple of minutes. Until Iseul comes back." You plop on the stool and awkwardly stare into the distance. Jungkook scoots over and pats the empty space he's created.

"What?"

"Come here."

"Nah, I'm good."

"I'll punch myself across the face if you don't come up here."

"I'd like to see you try."

Your eyes widens when he was about to do it. "Okay fine! J-just don't hurt yourself anymore. Why are you? Six years old?"

Jungkook chuckles at your rambling, moving to give you even more space. The bed's big enough to fit two people anyway. Sitting cross crossed, you reach for the remote and flicker the tv screen on.

"Great, I love this show."

"A kids show?"

Laughing sarcastically, you increase the volume. "The more you watch it, you'll realize it ain't just a kids show."

"If you say so." Jungkook lays back down with his gaze on the screen. For the last three days, he's felt nothing but stress.

But having you here gives him a sense of relief.

He slowly closes his eyes, releases a contented breath and in a hush voice he says. "You better be here when I wake."