067

"Here." He pulls a phone from his pocket and hands it to you.

"This isn't mine though."

"I threw your old phone away and got you a new one."

Of course he did. Sighing, you lean back and l examine the vibrant red item between your fingers. Red isn't exactly your taste but since he used his money to buy it, who are you to complain? He bought the latest iPhone model. "Thanks I guess."

This' the second phone he bought you. Even if you were to decline it, he'll wear you down until you accept it. And would you look at that? He's the only person in your contact list. And a person named Yeonjun. You're not sure if you're familiar with that name.

"Who's Yeonjun?" You ask him.

"He's someone you can trust. If ever you're in any trouble and I can't be at reach, you can just call him."

"What about me?" Iseul returns and snatches the device from your hand. Jungkook narrows his eyebrows in annoyance and opens his mouth to talk but you gesture him to calm down. "There. My number's there too. If they can't be reached, call me. Or just me. Don't bother yourself with them. They're nothing but trouble. Trust me. I know."

That cheeky grin on her face makes Jungkook roll his eyes.

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Y/n, you know in order for us to help, we'll need to know everything you know." Iseul starts off slowly. You don't have to look at Jungkook to know what he's thinking. His sister's doing him a favor, asking something he wasn't sure how to bring up. It's true though. In order to get their help, they need to know.

You tap your finger gently on the outline of your new phone and say. "There's not much really. My mom used to work for your dad. And now he's after me."

You can feel his intense gaze on you. Iseul nods her head. "I've seen you with that Jimin guy multiple times. He's helping you out isn't he?"

"Well-"

"Your mom left with evidence that could expose my dad and land him a lifetime in prison. And he thinks you know where it is." Jungkook inserts. "Do you know where they are?"

"No."

He gives you a long stare before letting out a sigh. "Okay. We can talk about this later. In the mean time, let's just focus on your recovery. You should get some rest. And Iseul-"

"I know I know. You want me to leave and give you two some privacy blah blah blah-"

"Stay with her."

She shrugs. "I'd stay either way even if you didn't tell me."

Ignoring her brother, she takes your phone and scoots herself in the bed with you and shows you something. "There's this game you can play while you're here."

Time Skip

A couple of weeks goes by and you're currently hiding at one of Jungkook's residence. Right after the doctor gave the go signal, it took a six hour drive to reach this place. Thankfully, your wound's healing and it's much easier to move around now.

It's been hell living in hiding. Jungkook stops by every now and then but never stays put for a long period of time. And if you're being honest, it's starting to get irritating having nothing to do.

You know you should care about your situation right now but stuff like school constantly pesters the back of your mind. Even if you hate studying, you still want to graduate and eventually get a degree. How on earth are you suppose to achieve that if you're stuck here? And honestly speaking, you can't see yourself being left behind while your fellow peers advance in life.