051

The moment all emotional strain drains from your bones, convincing the two sibling becomes a priority.

"I'm not sure how to break this to you, but I can take care of myself. I don't need you two keeping an eye on me. Seriously." Worse case scenario, they get killed trying to protect you.

"Someone just tried to kill you." Jin drags the word slowly. "Do you really think we'll leave you alone just like that? What if the second we're out of here, whoever that was comes back to stab you?"

Now that's just too far fetched. "I don't think they will though."

"Joonie, please tell her this is for her own good and that she's staying with us wether she likes it or not." Jin resorts to the only person who can back him up into convincing you.

"Listen, I understand that you're worried but I'll be fine. I grew up learning martial arts remember? If they show up, I'll make sure they think twice before approaching me again." If it makes them feel any better, you start making karate motions.

You look like an idiot.

"If you think you can handle yourself-" Namjoon starts off slowly. "-then that's good."

Jin darts a glare towards his direction right away.

"Just call us if you sense something wrong. Or if you think someone's suspicious."

"Are you serious right now? You're really gonna let her roam on her own uh."

Namjoon shrugs his shoulders, muscles in motion beneath his shirt. "She said she can take care of herself. And besides, that friend of hers looks capable enough of swinging a punch. If something does happen to her, you can have your way with him."

How unethical and scary. It's like he's indirectly revealing the consequences of your actions : either you agree to stay with them and no one gets hurt, or Jungkook gets beaten up by them if something were to happen to you.

You'll pick the latter. Only because you know it's a losing game if they try to start a fight with him.

"You have our contacts right? Update us every three hours. If we don't receive any texts messages beyond that time, we'll be left no choice but to keep an eye on you. You got that?" Namjoon's normally the quiet type. But when he talks, it's all serious business. You know that he's capable of keeping his word.

They take your silence as an agreement. As Namjoon pats your head before exiting the area, Jin mouths the words 'call us' and then follows the steps of his brother.

The feeling of being threatened still lingers all over your body. Your legs give way and you take a seat on the nearest chair. You can't believe someone tried to stab you.

Light steps reach your ears, followed by a monotoned voice. "I thought you wanted to look around?"

He circles the table and stops right in front of you.

"I already did." You raise your head to meet those solemn eyes. "Where have you been? I went back to the table but you weren't there."

"I had to entertain a few calls. " The air around him feels heavy. Not only that, his face's contoured with annoyance. "It's not important. Anyway the foods already here, let's go."

Such a shame. After what happened, you lost all appetite to eat. He ordered enough to feed a group of five hungry people.

"We can order something else if you don't like it."

"No this is fine." The chair makes a grazing sound as you drag it back.

"Are you sure? You're staring at it like it's the last thing you'd eat. I thought you liked chicken." He's not wrong. Not only do you like chicken. You actually love it. More than anything.

But right now, you don't feel like eating it.

"I do. It's just that. I was just thinking of something." You forcefully take a bite out of a chicken thigh. "Hmm. It's good."

The flavors blast all over your tastebuds. Jungkook watches you closely.

If only you didn't feel like puking right now. Whenever you're nervous, it's always hard to swallow food and keep it there. Normally when that happens, you turn to liquid such as juice, protein shakes or water.

You can feel the chicken starting to rise up to your esophagus but you try to hold it in.

His phone suddenly rings and instead of answering it, he ends the call.

"Why aren't you answering that?" You saw the name of the caller. It read parasite.

There's two reasons why you're bringing the caller up: you're trying to distract your body from vomiting, and you're genuinely curious who this parasite is.

"Because it's Iseul."

"You should have let her tag along."

"Why? I thought you hated her." Hate is such a strong word.

"I'm not sure how you came up with that idea but I don't hate her. I'd actually prefer her company over you." It was supposed to be a simple joke. To lighten up the mood and to make you forget about what happened.

But when Jungkook slams his fork on the plate, it's clear as day that he didn't buy the innocent joke.

"Well forgive me for wanting to spend time with my best friend." He's pissed. Maybe beyond pissed.

And you're a narcissist to think this is funny. You hold back a laugh. "Kook-"

"You think this is funny, Y/n? While I'm trying to make our friendship work, you're trying to distance yourself from me. You think I haven't noticed that?"

They say anger is just a secondary emotion. Jungkook already looked pissed before this. And you holding back a laugh irked him.

"I'm sorry."

"You should be." He lets out a sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose like he's trying to ease the fury within him. "Don't make things harder for us, Y/n. I'm begging you."

-

It was around three in the morning when Jungkook woke up to the sound of the door closing shut.

When he stares at the direction of your bed, he finds it neat and empty.

He quickly throws the blanket away and darts out the door, just in time to see you at the elevator with your things.

"Y/n!"

Your eyes lock for a moment, seconds before the doors closes shut. He resorts to using the staircase, running.

And by the time he steps out of the building, who does he see with you in a sliver car?

Park Jimin.

-

A/N

I know it's been forever since I've updated. I've just been busy with college for the past couple of weeks. Our midterms actually next week. And yeah. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

- BV 💙