045

"It's a little early to be joking around don't you think?"

He tilts his head to the side, holding a casual gaze. "What makes you think I'm joking?"

"Good point. So the thing is, you're not my type."

There's a long pause before anyone decides to break free from the silence. Taehyung untangles his fingers and leans back, giving it a thought.

"You're not my type either. You're short. Girls with long hair aren't my thing and you.. well.. you think you're better off alone. And you're stubborn."

That's unexpected but somewhat assuring. Just when you think you don't have to worry about this any longer, he goes on to add. "But I didn't fall for your appearance. I like you because you're you. And here I thought I was being obvious."

"You know you're risking our friendship telling me this right?"

"Not really. I'll still treat you as a friend. I'll talk to you. Bother you. Even fight you. The only difference is that you're aware of my feelings. And in addition to that, things only become awkward if you allow it to be awkward." He casually shrugs his shoulders, lean muscles in motion beneath his shirt. "I'm not expecting you to give me an answer right this instant. I can wait."

Taehyung shows a soft smile as he adds a piece of bacon to your plate. "Eat a lot."

You spend the rest of the morning talking to Taehyung about this TV series you can't get enough off.

Unfortunately like all things, it had to come to an end.

A few days goes by and it's back to facing reality. Iseul has been trailing behind you like a mosquito the moment you stepped foot inside the school's building. And she's been going on and on about the consequences of ignoring her brother's texts and calls.

"All I'm saying is that I don't wanna be there to see him throw a rampage okay? You should've seen the state of our couch after he was done with it." Iseul recalls a memory and shivers. "And it's not like I can keep covering for him. If dad finds out he's been distracted there's no saying what could happen to you."

Iseul covers her mouth and widens her eyes. Something tells you she wasn't supposed to say that. She clears her throat and diverts her gaze elsewhere, licking her lips. "I'm.. gonna be late for class. See ya."

"Finally. Here I thought she wouldn't leave." Jimin appears out of nowhere with his gaze fixated on Iseul. Then those same eyes softens when they land at you. "I see you're looking better. Oh by the way. Saw the scar you gave Jungkook. Epic. Should do that more often."

"You mean throw a pot at him?"

"It was a pot? I heard you scraped him with a knife. But I guess a pot could work too. Anyway. What are you doing after school?"

"Work."

"Oh right. But I mean before that. Don't you normally hang out at a library or park?" He gives you a knowing look.

"Are you stalking me?"

Jimin shrugs his shoulders. "I wouldn't call it stalking. Since I'm not the one following you. I had someone do that for me."

The way he says it. So casually. You'd think hiring someone to follow another human being around is normal. But why are you not surprised? If anything, it makes you sigh in exasperation. At least he didn't keep it a secret.

That explains how he knows your relationship with your father and the whereabouts of your aunt.

"So.. what are you doing later? You know after school? I was thinking we could hang out. There's this new arcade just across the school and I've been dying to check that place out. You know what? I'll just wait for you after school." With a childish smile, he ruffles your hair and walks away without giving you time to say anything.

You roll your eyes to the side, and drag your legs to your classroom. Like always, the messy chatters of your fellow peers bounce back and forth as they wait for the teacher to show themselves.

Jungkook's already settled on his seat, a patch, the size of his eye,  stuck to his forehead. You wonder how big the scar actually is.

Since he's sitting in front of you, all he has to do is lean back. "So you're ignoring me now uh?"

You've already ignored him in the past though.

"Silent treatment? Really?"

"No. I just don't feel like talking right now." You begin taking your books out your bag.

"You mean you don't feel like talking to me."

"You. Iseul. The world. The monster living under my bed-yeah. We all have our days."

You don't have to look at him to know he's glaring. You can literally feel his gaze drilling the side of your head.

"You're really getting under my nerves, Y/n."

"The feeling's mutual."

After a long day at school, it was time to go home. Jimin waves a hand in the air with a smile on his face. When he gestures you to come over his direction, you're forced to look around in case he's ushering someone else over. But no. He's only looking at you.

A huge part inside of you prayed he'd be stuck in detention.

"You ready to-"

"Listen, I really can't go." It's better to go straight to the point than beat around the bush. Jimin'a smile drastically falls. And for some reason, it makes you feel bad.

"How much do you earn per hour?" He asks with the most serious voice ever. You raise an eyebrow, staring in question.

"Why?"

"I'll double it. No. I'll triple it. All you have to do is spend the night with me."

Almost immediately, Jimin gets punched across the face, causing his body to fall to the ground.