060

He gives you a confused look when you hand him an address scribbled on piece of paper. You watch his eyes widen and he looks around as if to make sure no one's witnessing what's happening. When the coast's clear, he speaks in a hushed tone. "Where the hell did you get this?"

"Judging by your reaction I'm guessing you already know about it." You'll get straight to the point. "I need your help to get in—"

Just when you thought his eyes couldn't get anymore wider, he proves you wrong. "Y/n, you don't understand. This isn't just some normal gathering, okay? Every criminal mastermind will be there and there's bound to be someone who'll recognize you if you go. We were lucky enough to get you out of my dad's hands alive but I don't I can help you if you get caught again."

"You think I haven't thought this through? I'm not gonna go there as a guest. I was thinking I'd go there as your bodyguard. It'll look less suspicious."

"Are you nuts?"

"No, I'm desperate. Arson's gonna be there so it's only natural that whoever his boss is, they'll be there too."

"And how do you know that?"

"I just do. Now will you help me or not?" You grab his arm and wait for his reply. Jimin stiffens under your touch but you can see that's he's contemplating on the suggestion. After what felt like forever, he closes his eyes and lets out a sigh. "Okay fine. But you got to promise me not get caught."

"You drive a hard bargain, but I'll accept your terms."

He glares at you.

"Okay fine. I promise."

He hums, taking his arm away. "I'll send you a uniform sometime this week. Make sure to burn it after."

"Noted." You say. "Thanks Jimin." He gets a call and excuses himself. You take that's as your cue to head to the cafeteria. The place's roaring with conversation like always. You hate it. So instead of grabbing yourself something to eat, you decide to grab a drink and snack instead before heading to the rooftop.

Compared to downstairs, it's much more quieter up here.

"Look who decided to visit the rooftop after so long." Says a familiar voice. Taehyung approaches you close enough for you to notice a scratch underneath his left eye.

"Did you get into a fight?"

He subconsciously brushes the area on his cheek. "Uh yeah. Something like that. But it's no big deal. In case you haven't noticed, I haven't been at school for days now."

"Why?"

He eyes you in slight amusement. "Are you asking because you really don't know or are you just trying to confirm something?"

"What do you think?"

He ruffles your hair and chuckles. "I think you should stay put. I already know you're planning on going to find this Arson guy." He pauses to analyze your face and smiles like he expected your stiff reaction. "I heard your conversation with Jimin back there. To be honest, I'm a little annoyed by how close you two are. Even if I tell you to stop talking to him, I know you won't listen to me. But it won't hurt to warn you, right? I won't try to stop you this time. But I hope you'll be careful."

Later That Night

After checking the remaining items for a customer, they pay up and leave the convenience store.

What time is it? You check the clock to see that it's almost midnight. A familiar face shows up with his usual dark attire. He makes a quick stop at an isle before approaching the counter. "It's been a while since I've seen you here. How'd you make your boss hire you back?"

"Nice to see you too, Yoongi." You say to him with a side smile. "After practically crying and begging the man to take me back, guess he had no choice. That'll be fifteen thousand won."

Humming, he gives you the exact amount and you wrap his items up for him. "Don't ask how I got this information, but I heard you're planning to attend that gathering. Any specific reasons why?"

"News travels fast uh? Does Jungkook know?"

"If he did you'd be in big trouble by now. Or not. Sometimes I can't tell what's going on inside that kid's head. "He says it like he's not quite sure. "But tell me. Why expose yourself to danger?"

"Would you believe me if I said I'm just doing this for the fun of it?"

Yoongi arches an eyebrow in amusement. Chuckling, he takes his stuffs and takes a step back. "Maybe? I'll see you soon, Y/n." The store's once again empty. Your shift's ends in a couple of minutes so in the meantime, you check if there's anything that needs to be refilled. The door opens as you finish stacking the last can of soft drink. By the time you turn around, Jungkook's standing there cornering you with a furious spark in his eyes.

He almost gave you a heart attack. And is that a bruise forming around his eye? "What the hell happened to your face?"

"Is that really important right now?"

"You tell me. What more important than you getting hurt?"

"How about you getting hurt? Are you out of your mind?"

So in other words, he knows. "If you came all the way here to stop me, it won't work."

"Who said I came to stop you?"

What?

Now he's awfully calm and composed—as compared to how he was a minute ago. "We both already know how stubborn you can be. So I'll help you."

"Excuse me?"