030

"I need a date."

"That favor you wanted to ask..This was it?"

He shows up to your workplace the day after only to say that?

You're not sure he knew you were working here in the first place.

You're at loss for words. The distant bell ringing indicates a customer entering the cafe shop. Quickly, you prepare to take an order. "Can we talk about this later? I'm kinda busy right now."

Instead of walking away, all he does is scoot to the corner and proceeds to pester you like a mosquito.

"I don't think there's a better time than now. I need a date and you're the only one suited for the role."

Why do you find that so hard to believe?

"Not now, Jeon." You say under your breath, forcing a smile as you greet the customer."Hello miss, Welcome to Hope's Sunshine Cafe, what can I get for you?"

As she contemplates her order, the constant voices coming from the guy hunched over the corner doesn't go unnoticed.

He ruffles his hair in frustration, sighing. "I just need a yes from you."

"I'll have a caramel macchiato and um.. a slice of red velvet." She carefully says, awkwardly glancing at him and back at you. You bet your favorite socks she can tell he's not wanted here.

After jotting her orders down, you hand back her change and gesture her towards the tables. "Please have a seat. Your order will be out a few minutes."

"Y/n-"

"My answer is no. I don't understand what you need a date for." You turn your back on him, working on a drink. "And if you're not gonna order anything, then leave already. I've got better things to do than to listen to you."

"I'll have everything."

"What?"

"I'll have everything from the menu." He indicates the orders at the top with a nod of his head. "From that to that."

You hold back a scoff. Not because you think he's bluffing. But because you know he's actually capable of purchasing everything you have on the menu. Which would mean extra work. "Don't be ridiculous."

"You're the one who suggested it."

You grind your teeth together, pinching your nose like you're about to have a headache. "Okay listen, I'll make you a drink. I'll have my break by the time Im done with your order. We'll talk then. Just take a seat."

Even though he doesn't appear satisfied with your offer, he does as he's told.

Minutes goes by and after delivering the girl's order to her table, you approach the one Jungkook's occupying.

"You have ten minutes to start talking."

He looks at you like he's confused. "About?"

"Why do you need a partner in the first place? If I agree to go with you, should I at least know what I'm getting myself into?"

"There's gonna be a gathering in five days-business related stuffs and my father wants me to bring a plus one. If I don't, he'll pick one for me."

"And you want me to come with you." He nods his head. "No."

"Why not?"

"Because I already have plans. My aunt's in town and she basically booked that date. Sorry." You casually shrug your shoulders, standing. "I'm sure you can find another plus one. That girl Kira for example."

At the mention of the name, you watch his face coil with bitterness. But you can see he isn't rejecting the offers.

"Are you sure you can't come with me?"

"Like I said, I'll be busy that day."

In a defeated manner, he ruffles his hair and sighs, standing. "Then I guess there's nothing I can do. Ill see you when I see you."

You watch as he leaves the shop in silence, before walking back to the counter.

Later that night, Aunt Mira came to pick you up from the convenience store.

During the day, you surround yourself with coffee and pastries , and during the night, you joggle with customer items here.

"How long have you been working here?" Your aunt asks as you fix your seatbelt.

"A couple of months. I've had a jobs prior to this though."

She nods her head, bringing the car to the road once more. When you realize she's not driving to your place, you can't help but ask.

"Where are we going?"

"So remember that get together I talked about? They decided to throw an idea last minute and themed it a masked party. So I thought, why not spend time with my favorite niece over shopping? "

"Sounds fun. And for your information, I'm the only niece you have."

Aunt Mira playfully rolls her eyes and chuckles. "You're not wrong there."

It doesn't take long before your arrive at the mall. All kinds of clothing brands greet you from left to right. Eventually, Aunr Mira had grabbed your wrist and dragged you to an expensive branded store and began picking clothes for you to try on.

Next you found yourself standing on a little podium, showing off the dresses that hugged your body.

Compliments after compliments rolled off your Aunt Mira's lips.

She made sure to check your opinion on the clothes as well.

After going through so much clothes in one night, you find yourself staring at a red gown. It hugged on you all the right curves. Not too revealing and not too concealing. The fine details sprouts from the bottom and drags upwards to squeeze together along the heart shaped chest. It was sleeveless, cute and fierce.

"Guess we found ourselves a winner. We'll talk this one. And the other ones she liked."

"Aunt Mira that's too much."

"Nonsense. I don't earn money just to stock them away. And besides, I'm doing this because I want to do it." She approaches you with adoration in her eyes. "So allow me okay?"

How can you say no to this woman?

After paying for the items, you both exit the store. A familiar figure captures your attention from a distant.

It doesn't take you that long to figure out who that person is entering a jewelry shop.

Jungkook. And linked to his arm, Kira.