039

It's been three days since you were kidnapped. 

And today, It feels as though you were tossed into a dark room, deprived of water and food, and left to wither away.

Maybe because that's exactly what happened. 

When the first light of dawn appeared in the sky, you were forced out of the room and into one that smelt like blood. Moss was visible on each wall.  

The sour stench of death still lingers in the air. Someone had died in this room.

You've come to lose track of time. And the smell was doing something to your head. It's hard to think straight. After what felt like an eternity, the door opens. The very same man who dragged you here tells you to "Get up" in a gruff tone. 

Lethargy flooding your bones, you do as he says. He leads you down the hall, and into an empty room. At least this one didn't smell like death. Plain walls, a single chair, and a table. To the side, a massive table filled with types of equipment. And not the nice ones. 

An interrogation room. 

There's a huge chance you might or might not leave with a missing finger. 

"If it isn't Kim Y/n." A cheerful tone enters the room. A man with a beard, assuming he's in his late twenties. "And here I thought that rascal didn't want to have kids."

You're not sure what he meant on that last one. 

He's casual in the way he speaks. But that's only the tip of the iceberg. You can feel the tension rise in the room. Everyone's suddenly stiff. Then behind him, enters Jimin. 

The latter leans against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest, causing the fabric of his white shirt to crease. 

"Oh my gosh, how rude of me. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Larry Jones, but only the pretty ones call me, Jones." He winks, pulling out pictures from a file. "I'm sure you've seen this face haven't you?"

It's a picture of your mother. But why does he have it?

Larry clicks his fingers multiple times as if he had hit a jackpot. "You know her, don't you? That's great. Now sweetheart, let's play a little game. If you can answer all my questions correctly, I promise you'll keep a finger, okay? So for the first question." His face turns serious. Any trace of that cheery demeanor, gone.  "Where is she?"

You stare blankly at the pictures, refusing to say anything. Larry hums. "Okay. On to the next question then. When was the last time you saw her?"

It sickens you how they're easily bringing a dead woman up. He pulls up another batch of pictures. It looks like it was taken from the perspective of a CCTV. There's a side profile of a woman that captures your attention. 

"These were taken just a week ago. Somewhere in New York. Take a closer look and tell me what you see."

You can feel your fingers tremble and your heart race. This can't be. 

Mom's.. alive? 

No. There's no way. 

There was a funeral. And it was raining that day. This can't be real. They're just trying to mess with your head. There's no way she's alive. 

Your mother is dead. 

"Judging by the look on your face, It seems like you didn't know." He chuckles, nudging a chin towards the direction of the other table. Jimin immediately jumps in when he catches on. "Hey hold on. She doesn't know anything."

"But she didn't answer my question, Jimin. And we had a deal. For every question she doesn't answer, she loses a finger. Hmm?" Standing up, he brushes Jimin's shoulder blade. "Now you may be the boss's son, but until you're given a high position than me, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do." Larry winks in your direction. "It was nice talking to you, love. Can't wait for next time."

And just like that, Larry leaves the room. Jimin blocks any orders given by Larry and instructs everyone to leave. 

"But the boss'-"

"I'll handle him. Now all of you, leave." 

Despite showing hesitation, they leave the room and close the door behind them. Jimin strides to where you are, staring at the pictures as if you've just seen a ghost. "What the hell was that? If it weren't for me then you'd be in so much trouble right now. Why didn't you say anything? You could have lied for all I care!"

He wants you to lie? In other words, he wants you to believe that the woman you thought was dead, is alive? You didn't tolerate your father's abuse just to easily believe she was alive this whole time. 

Jimin unties the sweater from his waist and hovers it over your body. Then he moves the chair so you're no longer facing the table but him. Using the guise of closing the zipper, he whispers in a volume that only the two of you can hear. 

"Tonight, someone's gonna knock on your door three times and I need you to follow him." Ever since you stepped foot here, you've not once tried to resist. Jimin locks his gaze with you "I'm gonna get you out of here, okay?"

He's not lying. You can see it in his eyes. 

"Why?"

"Because I know you know nothing, Y/n. And I never should have said anything to my father in the first place."

You're not sure if you can trust him though. Even if he has done nothing to you while you were here, how do you know this is all part of their plan? Maybe to use you as bait to get your mother out of hiding?

Just because you're thinking this doesn't mean you believe. Because unless she shows up in front of you, she's already dead. 

"You just have to trust me on this, okay?" His expression softens. "I promise I'll get you out of here."