063

Your heart nearly jumps out of your chest when Jungkook hops in front of you. He's also smiling in a childish way that makes your hairs stand.

"Can you just approach me like a normal person? You're gonna give me a heart attack I swear to god."

Was he following you? You pray he wasn't eavesdropping. He laughs.

What's so funny?

"So I've been thinking. How about I take you to my place and we can, I don't know, watch a movie together? We can watch that kid movie—Elemental was it? You've been obsessing about."

"I don't know." You look at him up and down. "How do I know you won't make me a prisoner?"

He tilts his head to the side. "Only one way to find out? What do you say?"

He's an idiot if he thinks you were actually considering the offer. "No, thank you. I wanna live."

"Oh come on Y/n. It'll be fun. It'll be like the old times—except we'll be doing the things you like and not your homeworks. And besides, it's been a while since I've last hang out with you. And I also kinda miss my best friend." He rubs his neck.

"Jungkook if this is your way of convincing me in then you need to step up your game. You fooled me once, you won't feel me again."

"Is this because of work? You know I can wait for you. I can even help you out if you want. I bet if Jimin asked you out you'd yes."

Puzzled, you raise an eyebrow. "If he did that, my answer would be none of your business."

"You know it annoys me a little seeing you two together after my confession. You could've waited a week or two but no—you chose to meet up with him the day after I've told you how much I like you."

Oh wow. Is he being for real right now?

Unable to say anything because this conversation is ridiculous, you laugh in disbelief. "Where exactly is this conversation going?"

That smile on his face vanishes. "I want you for myself. I don't like sharing you. Not to anyone and especially not to him."

If he thinks he can intimidate you with the low tone of his, then he's wrong.

You whisper a 'wow' under your breath, wondering where the audacity's coming from, Having had enough of today's drama, you walk past him without saying another word.

"I'll stop by at your workplace later."

"No you won't." You reply without looking back. Jungkook watches you take a sharp turn and vanishing from his sight. He takes a look around, scanning his surroundings before sighing. He walks back to the car, finding Iseul scrolling through her phone.

She saw the whole thing and almost feels sorry for you. It's not easy having a persistent person cling to you. Especially if that person's Jungkook.

Jungkook shuts the door and puts on his seatbelt.

"You're not gonna get her if you keep pestering her, you know. Just saying."

"Mhh and?" He brings the vehicle to life as Iseul holds herself back from hurting her brother. Of course he won't listen. You'd think Iseul would know that by now.

She starts scrolling through her phone aggressively, grabbing his attention.

"What the heck are you doing?"

"I'm booking you a session with my therapist since it's obvious you need help." If this gets out of hand, god knows what he might end up doing. At least this way, she'd be saving both you and her brother from unwanted trouble.

He snatches her phone and tosses it out the window.

"Hey!"

-

Later that night, you ended your shift with a painful headache. You frown at the sky as the rain began to grow.

If you make a run for it, you'll end up wet even with an umbrella. You check your phone to find it's already way past midnight.

A car shows up and blinds you temporarily with their lights. When the window rolls down to reveal the person behind the wheel, suddenly you want the floor to eat you up.

"Hi Y/n." Jungkook raises an eyebrow while tilting his head to the side. "Need a ride?"

You give him a tight smile, showing him your phone. "No need. I booked a cab."

"You'd rather waste your money than get a free ride from me uh?" He taps the outline of his steering wheel. "Y/n."

"Hmm?" He gets out and leans against the car, facing you. He tucks his hands deep into his pockets and questions you with a serious tone.

"How would you feel if I kidnapped you right now?"

"What?"

"You know. Take you against your will to some place you don't know—do you really want me to explain the word 'kidnap'? How would you feel? Be honest with me."

You knew he was crazy but you didn't think he was this crazy. "Are you on drugs?"

He makes a face of disgust. "Believe me, if I was on drugs, you'd be the first to know. I'm waiting for my answer, Y/n."

He's not gonna let you be, is he?

"I'd feel confused, maybe? I don't know."

"So you won't hate me."

"No, I'd definitely hate you. I'd be insane not to." You state the obvious.

"I see." He says under his breath, carefully processing your answer before raising his head. "I guess I can live with that."

Something doesn't feel right. All of a sudden it feels like you two aren't alone anymore. Jungkook looks to the side and nudges his chin, like he's giving a signal.

"What-"

A large arm wraps around your body to keep you in place before something gets pressed against your mouth and nose. The last this you see as your surroundings begin to dim, is Jungkook turning his back on you.