036

A Couple Of Weeks Later

You enjoyed your summer break while it lasted. But now it was time to face the reality a lot of you call school.

The first bell chimes like an unwanted alarm clock, signaling stalling students to get to class.

Amongst your fellow peers squeezing through the entrance to get to their seats,  your teacher can be seen conversing with someone beside the door.

Exactly twenty seconds later, Mr Dan strides inside with his usual unbothered gaze and settles a thick lecture book on top of his desks. "Okay good morning students. Before we start today's lecture, it appears we have a new student joining us today. Come on in."

You raise an eyebrow at the familiar figure introducing himself. A lot of whispers combats the deep mess of his tone traveling across the room. It's almost impossible to hear him.

Not because he looks the same from the last time you saw him- because he doesn't. His hair's let down, cascading his glasses. He looks shy, reserved.

He looks like a nerd.

Mr Dan clears his throat, giving firm stares through the crowds. "Very well Mr Lim -"

"It's Kim, sir."

"Mr Kim uh.. Taeyuck." He corrects himself while flipping through the thick book, getting ready to scribble today's topic on the board. "You may take your seat."

Just like that, Mr Dan immediately starts his lecture of the day. Little mutters echoes here and there as eyes follow Taehyung's every movement.

He takes the vacant seat two rows ahead of you and shuffled his notebooks out from his bag, placing it on his desk.

"Ah Mr Jeon. How nice of you to finally join us. What could possibly be your reason for being late today?"

The longer you stare, you realize there's liquid dripping from his hair, cascading down his face and to the floor.

Instead of answering, he feigns ignorance and strides to his seat in front of you. Leaning closer for a better look and sure enough, his uniform's damp.

Mr Dan let's the circumstances slide - like he always does - and proceeds with his lecture without a single care in the world.

"What happened to you?" You mumble, pressing a finger against his uniform for further confirmation.

He barely bats an eye as he pulls his notebook out. "You'll never believe me if I told you."

Taehyung scoffs. "I doubt it."

Jungkook tilts his head to the side, lifting an eyebrow. "Can I help you?"

"Diane finds her best friend in a complicated situation that could cost him his life and yet he still thinks he can make it out alive without a scrape of any sort."

You both stare at him in confusion. Taehyung glides his glasses up the bridge of his nose and raises a book beside his head, wiggling it with an innocent grin. "It's a story titled The Window Of Hell. You should read it. Top seller in ten different countries."

What?

Jungkook rolls his eyes and Taehyung returns to reading his book.

After what felt like an eternity, it was finally lunch time. A girl pushes her way through the entrance and plants her butt on Jungkook's desk.

Her perfume attacking your nostrils is enough to tell you it's Kira.

"Hi Kookie~" She slurs in a high pitch tone, letting her fingers play with the flesh of his ear. "Someone told me you came to class all wet. Tell me the name and I swear I'll make sure they never see the light of day again. Was it her?"

Why the heck are you included in this conversation?

You push her pointing finger away and leave the room without saying anything. That girl's literally trying to get you to fight her. It's hard enough controlling yourself whenever you see her but every time she talks to you? Your string of patience's always getting plucked.

"It was her wasn't it?"

"No."

"But Kookie-"

You stop in your tracks and grab the collar of the one following you seconds before you drag them inside an empty classroom.

They stumble in their feet and after closing the door, you raise an eyebrow in question. "What exactly are you doing here?"

Taehyung makes a 'sheesh' sound as he attempts to fix the creases formed on his uniform. "Took me hours to iron this top. If I wanted to look bad on my first day of school, I would have showed up with unmatched shoes." The latter eventually makes eye contact and grins innocently as he settles on top of a desk. "Surprise. Oh and I won't fall for that dense act of yours. I know you know exactly why I'm here."

Feeling a migraine forming, you let out a huge sigh of exasperation. "That doesn't exactly answer my question."

"Okay fine." He hops off and strides closer to you. With hands firm on your shoulders, he gives you serious answer. "I'm here to keep an eye on you. And that Jeon Jungkook. If you think I was gonna let you off the hook that easily, then your wrong."

"You think I can't take care of myself?"

"Yes."

You roll your eyes in annoyance, shrugging his hands off. "Fine. You do you. It's not like you'll leave even if I tell you to."

Right before you can turn your back at him and exit the room, he suddenly pokes your mid thigh causing you to wince in pain.

"What was that for?"

"I thought you looked funny when you walked. What happened here?"

You failed to realize he had lifted your skirt a little higher to reveal an ugly bruise.

So maybe last night wasn't a peaceful night for you. Your father came home drunk and bottles were being thrown, you were being pushed.

You're snapped back to reality when the door behind you slides open to reveal Jungkook on the other side.

And he doesn't look happy.

"What the heck is going on here?"

-

A/n :
Can't believe this reached 60K views.
- BV 💜