049

Five Hours Later

The view of the ocean is seen through the window located at the thirteenth floor. It's been exactly thirty minutes since the plane you rode landed. After that, Jungkook drove the both of you to a beach resort. He booked an average size room with two beds. You currently have the room for yourself. since just a while ago, the guy got a phone call and you assume it was too private for him to talk in front of you. While he was away, you took a shower and changed into some pajamas and an oversize shirt.

Iseul packed you some decent clothes- much to your surprise. She even packed your lotions and face products. Some you have never seen before. She made sure to pack your charger too and earphones. The room had a tv screen that's almost as wide as the bed and you switch it on. Aside from the distant hush of the ocean, you could use some background noises here too.

You get under the covers, feeling chills travel up and down your body. Jungkook's bed's right beside yours, separated by a nightstand. He left his suitcase open on top of his bed. For a while now, you've noticed something silver poking underneath his belongings. You're heard of the saying curiosity killed the cat but sometimes, you just can't help yourself.

So slithering away from the bed, you edge closer to his side of the room and without hesitation, set his clothes aside. And there you have it, in plain sight, a gun. The door behind you beeps, indicating someone has placed their card and is about to come inside. The door swings open and by the time he's inside, you're already in bed with a phone in your phone.

"Who was that?" You make sure your voice comes out clear rather than scratchy. Like he's just came from a one hour meeting, he reflects exhaustion as well as frustration through the way he walks and talks.

"Just some work related things. It's nothing. Are you hungry? I can order room service if you want."

"I literally ate like a pig on the plane." You point out, recalling all the food you inhaled. It reached the point that even you convinced yourself you haven't eaten in ages.

He checks the time at his watch. "But that was three hours ago. Are you sure you don't want a snack at least?"

"I'm more tired than hungry actually." A yawn seizes you as you snuggle into the warmness of your blanket. It's been a long day anyway. You could use some proper shut eye. Jungkook strides to his side of the bed and shuts his suitcase, seconds before setting it down. He then proceeds to the bathroom, where he spends the next couple of minutes showering. By the time he emerges form the bathroom, you're already fast asleep. He's now clad in a white shirt and grey jogging pants.

Water drips from his hair as he strides to his bed, gaze fixated on you. When he came back from that phone call, he noticed his things was slightly moved. And that could either mean you were snooping around his belongings, or he simply moved his stuff and forgot. But the latter is impossible. You were holding your phone upside down when he came inside. He just didn't point it out.

He lets out a sigh and stands. Then he walks over to your bed, taking the phone that sat beside your head and places it on the night stand. He makes sure the blanket covers your body properly before grabbing his wallet, keys and phone. He then switches the lights off and silently leaves in the room.

-

What lures you out of the depth of sleep is the sun light entering through the window. You squint your eyes, shifting so that you're now facing the other way. After a moment, the smell of cologne attacks your nostrils. Lemongrass.

"Wake up." Fingers flicker your forehead causing your to squint your eyes shut and open your mouth in pain. Because of that, you're forced to open your eyes and disappointment fills you. Last night, you hoped it was a dream. But reality's really hitting you hard in the face right now.

Planting fists on the bed, you push yourself up and allow the blanket to pool across your lap. "What time is it now?" You ask in a raspy voice.

"Seven." He's walking around with beige shorts and a floral shirt, grabbing lotions and sunscreen from his suitcase.

You stare at a distance, allowing yourself to catch up to reality. Since you're here, you don't have work. Which means you can sleep in. And probably take advantage of this trip. That sinking in, you dive back into bed and throw the blanket over your face.

Jungkook whirls around and kisses his teeth, grabbing the edge of the blanket. "Get up. If you think I'll leave you here then think again."

He attempts to remove the blanket but your grip's stringer than the man of steel. Even he gets surprised for a moment. "Hey, you can't stay here all day you know."

"Watch me."

Just when you thought you felt his hands move away, you're suddenly pushed over the bed to land harshly on the ground. "Hey!" This isn't your ideal way of waking up in the morning. You get up on your feet and snatch a pillow from the bed, throwing it at him. "What the heck is wrong with you!"

The pillow hits him and then lands on the floor. He casually picks it up and instead of returning it to your bed, he tosses it to his. Maybe because he knows you'll throw it at him again.

"Me? Nothing's wrong with me." He says with innocent eyes. "Get changed. I'll wait for you downstairs. If you don't show up in the next thirty minutes, I will not hesitate to drag you."

That being said, Jungkook gives you a smile and leaves the room, closing the door behind him. When he's gone, you groan with a palm pressing your waist. Your landing was quite harsh you could have sworn you heard something pop.

Twenty five minutes goes by and you find the guy waiting for you at the waiting lounge. A smile appears on his lips when he sees you.

"Are you hungry?" He asks, unable to stop his eyes from scanning your outfit. Flinching, you take a step back and cover yourself, glaring. He's looking at your outfit.

"If I knew you were gonna stare like that then I wouldn't have worn this."

"You look nice."

You drop your hands, not one bit impressed. If anything, you're more annoyed. "Stop it."

All you have on is a simple beige sundress that ends between your thigh and flip flops to finish the attire. And this one isn't even from your closet. Iseul must've got it for you.

The morning has just begun but it feels like you're about to have a headache.

He gives you boyish grin. "Shall we?"

He gestures towards where you assume the restaurant is. Food's probably the only thing that can calm you down right now. And distract your mind for the time being.

Just as you're about to head there, a rather familiar voice calls out to you in that exact moment.

"Y/n?"