058

Occasionally, you'd think he'd have figured out that maybe keeping one's feelings all to yourself would have been a better plan. As the light from the sun pierces through the window, he opens the door to find you staring into space while resting your back against the headboard.

"Morning." He sets a bed table in front of you with breakfast on. In the process of doing so, you don't stop glaring at him. "I'd eat up if I were you."

"Are you really planning to keep me here?" You raise your hand to show him the cuff connecting you to the bed. "Because I swear to god you'll be in a whole lot of pain when I get this thing off me."

"All the more reason to keep you locked up I guess."

"Jeon-"

He interrupts you. "Please don't call me that. Listen. I don't plan to keep you here forever. I just need you to stay here, where it's safe, until I can get my hands on whoever's trying to kill you. So I'm begging you. Please don't make this harder than it already is."

"You're the one making things harder you know. I've told you countless times that I can handle myself-"

"No, you can't!" After seeing you flinch, he frowns and softens his voice. "You can't, Y/n. And I'd be damned if anything were to happen to you. I could care less if you hate me after this or refuse to talk to me but understand that I have to do whatever it is I can to keep you safe. At least by doing this I can hold on to that thin thread of sanity that's still left in me. I never wanted to do this. But you left me no choice."

"Fine."

"What?"

"I said okay. I'll stay here. On one condition. Get this off me."

He gives you a long suspicious stare and you raise an eyebrow.

"How do I know you're not-"

You intercept with a groan. "Oh come on. I just gave you my word. Isn't that what you wanted?"

"Okay, okay." He takes a key from his pocket and lets your wrist go. A bluish color stains the outline of your skin much to your dismay. However, you're more focused on the food in front of you. You're starving. Only because you literally refused to eat anything last night. That's all on you.

"You can stop staring." You say without looking at him. You take a spoon full of pancake and put it in your mouth. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Right. Uhm. There's some fresh clothes in the closet. If you wanna take a shower or anything, just yeah. Help yourself with anything. I'll be in my office if you need me." He leaves the room right after, scratching the side of his head. Once you finished breakfast, you decided to take a much needed shower. You changed into a white shirt and some sweatpants you found in the closet. Strangely, they're all your size.

Jungkook's inside his office and by the looks of it, it's only the two of you inside this massive house. Two hours eventually goes by and Jungkook decides to finally rest from all the paperwork.

"Y/n."He knocks on the door to his room first and when he receives no answer in return, he opens it only to find it empty. His eyes narrows slightly, going downstairs.

You're not in the living room.

Or the kitchen.

You're not in the guest room either.

He curses under his breath and quickly grabs his coat from the couch, ready to head outside and look for you only to halt in his steps.

Flip.

A noise coming from behind the couch. He peers over to find you flat on the floor reading a book without a care in the world.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"