Chapter 1: Ambush ✅

Ugh. Yet another day. 15 more jobs. You frowned, reading the requests.

Bill: Dear Shinigami, from anonymous company leader, please murder this man for the sake of my company. I'm willing to pay 1.6 million. Current location, Paris, 23421 Ramen Ave.

*Image of man with serious CEO vibes*

You squinted at the man. Carl de shopas, CEO of a junk mail company, you recalled.

Ding!

The person who sent another message was presumably the man in the photo. Knowing where this is going to head, you grinned.

Chad: Dear Shinigami, Please do not kill me, I will pay you 1.6 billion.

Bill: Kill him! i'll pay 20 billion.

Chad: NO! 25 Billion! Don't kill me!

Bill: 30 Billion.

You already guessed the companies they came from. It was highly unlikely that they could afford any higher bets. So you did the logical thing.

[Owner]: Sold. 30 billion it is.

Chad: NOOOO!

Chad: Shi! PLEASE LET ME LIVE!

[Owner]: Do you want him to die in a fake accident or do you want him to appear to be assassinated?

Bill: Accident please, I'll pay an extra million.

[Owner]: Alright, send the money and tell me when.

*Beep.*

Bill (#55538) has donated 30.01 billion dollars to ~Shinigami~ (Shi)

Bill: This friday night, 8 pm.

Chad: I'm calling the police

[Owner]: Got it.

You grin slightly. Humans are so very corrupted. But then again, so are you.

(time for usefess info skip the next two paragraths if you dont want to read it)

Your blog on the dark web had five sections, the 'home', the 'contact', the 'help', the 'info', and the 'acceptions'. The 'home' part was the place where customers can send messages to the owner, aka you. The 'contacts' was where you would reply if you did at all. You would start a 'conversation' with a customer, where anyone can watch or chat. There weren't always people watching but occasionally, when the right person is online, it turns into an auction. An auction for a life.

You remembered a few years ago, in world war 4, the soviet union paid you to kill the president of the united states. Some senator was watching and then the president himself joined in. The bargain went back and forth for an hour before the soviet union offered 40 trillion dollars' worth in gold and services. Just like that, world war 4 ended and you gained 50k new IvyClan members and 49.99billions worth in gold.

The 'acceptions' part is where all the accepted tasks were posted. You delete them every week. A few 'notable achievements' , like killing the united states president and Russia's #1 hero, were at the top. Detectives have tried to track you down for years, but thanks to Lumi, all leads have been erased. Not even the members of the Ivyclan know your real name. So far, only one outsider has found your true identity.

The 'info' section is where the information like when, where, and whatnot was sent privately to you. It's a private chat with your customer, always completely deleted after each job.