Chapter 50: Entomophobia

Hive is so cool.

Hive POV

"His quirk. It makes one object repel another. But it only works on one thing at a time. Your quirk can easily kill him." Solus explained.

Hive looked up though the leaves, staring until a distorted floating figure was perceived.

"The reversing quirk you sent allowed me to damage him a bit. I think he caught on already though, I doubt I can get any critical hits in."

Hive hummed. "Injuries?"

"Just a few scratches, plus a hole though my stomach but it's cauterized."

Oh shit, they know their stuff.

"You got the healing serum?" He asked.

"Nah, used it up."

"Previous injuries?"

"Yes, cracked my femur and a crushed pelvis."

One can be a coincidence, but three?! They've got people who know what they're doing.

Knowing assassins, their accuracy is top notch. It is entirely possible they carefully planned to immobilize those places.

But there isn't a single person in the Clan that could match me in strategic defense. Logically I could beat him.

The problem is, as of right now I have only one mosquito under my control. I could always summon more. But it's nighttime and most dangerous insects aren't awake!

Nocturnal Japanese bugs...

Hornets! And mosquitoes!

Mosquitoes are more likely to be up in this hour, plus they don't make as loud of a racket as hornets do, so Hive chose that.

He raised his hand, trying to pull towards him all the mosquitoes in a half kilometer radius. A good swarm or two should be able to suck out all his blood.

Within minutes, he had about 30 million mosquitoes, not in the air surrounding him, rather perched in the surrounding forest.

"Alrighty, now." He crouched down. Verbal order must come first before he can telepathically control them. "There are 7 people here that you can drink the blood of. However, you all have to share." Hive raised a finger for emphasis.

"They are these seven. Do not harm anyone else." He activated hivemind, giving them the images of the seven assassins he got via mosquito camera.

He heard the collective buzz of the mosquitoes.

Hive grinned. "Go all out, my pets."

Solus POV

"Ok! Ready!" She heard Hive say.

Finally. Defending against over ten nomu with a hole in her stomach isn't exactly easy. Solus ducked another hit, dashing past the nomu. She ignored the pain in her stomach.

A huge mass of dark insects rose out from the forest, nearly blocking the moonlight.

Hive... He's this powerful?! Didn't he have like... 3 minutes to prepare?!

"What?!" The white haired man yelled. A swarm shot straight at him. He quickly moved, but the swarm surrounded him within a few seconds. 

"Hey! Whats happening?" Someone in the woods shouted.

The cloud of bugs seemed to condense, tightening to the point that the silhouette of the man could be seen. A scream rippled out before all the insects were pushed outwards. The man slowly fell, body covered in blood and skin sticking to his bones.