Chapter 18: Thunder

This fanfic may or may not be ending soon like 5-60 more chapters (so precise ik) and i have some ideas for the next one already. maybe a sequel??? 

How long it will be really depends on how long i manage to write the climax :)

I apologize in advance for all the skips. this usually isn't my style as u can problably tell. This one's also a little low key compared to the others

Remember to vote and comment if you enjoyed!

"We're off the suspect list!" You told Solus over the phone. 

You, Hive, and Solus were currently patrolling at like, midnight, and you suddenly felt the urge to phone someone who is literally three meters behind you.

"That's nice. I did what you told me to." Solus caught up to you, rubbing the dry blood off her hands.

"The DNA sample from birdie came." Hive interrupted, staring at his phone. "They just received it."

"From Chisaki?" You asked. "Tell them to try and identify who it was from. And then tell them to extract the quirk from it into a regeneration type serum or something."

"Got it." Hive replied, hopping over a break in the buildings. You and Solus followed. The three fell into a comfortable silence.

"Heey Shinigami? Can we really trust Nezu? I mean, it seems like he's got his own agenda." Hive said suddenly.

"Eh, it's fine. Nezu may have his agenda, but I intend to get what we need then get out of there." You said. 

"Idk it's kinda sus tho." Hive mumbled.

Well, he did seem like he agreed too easily. You thought as the three finished up and started heading back to HQ. Your mind suddenly felt like it was shifting. This again... and I didn't use my quirk that much.

"You can't kill him with your quirk can you? He's a mouse with a quirk, so it's like he's got no name to write down." Solus added. 

"That isn't a problem. It's not like mice are immune to guns." You dismissed. 

"The fact that we are off the suspect list can mean three things." You said. "One, the police and Nezu are not sharing information. Two, Nezu is working with the police and knows we both are spies, or three, Nezu doesn't suspect us at all. It's most likely the second."

"Woah." Hive jumped off the building and over the fence, into the forest that hides the entrance. You and Solus followed.

"Only the second is potentially threatening to us, so we will move according to that." You continued, "Since the worst possible scenario is if both sides -AFO and Nezu- reject, or worse, form a temporal alliance against us, therefore it is vital to get at least one true ally."

"Furthermore, I have another problem," The trio reached the clearing near the entrance. "A few days ago, I saw my lifespan reflected in the mirror."

"Your lifespan?"

"We should stay outside for this." Hive said. "Do the others know?"

"I gave the main points. Basically, my lifespan is there. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that it flickers." You frowned, sitting on a tree stump. "16832, Infinity, 9213832, and 7821114."

"Infinity?!"

"I'm more concerned about the 16832." You paused. "Hive, you know the formula. That date is sometime in June."

"That soon?" Solus looked worried.

"I have a hutch on who caused this. But first-" You pulled something out of your backpack.