Chapter 44: Kyozo

Radioactive POV

(Present)

"Lady Kyozo! The mission was a success!"

Lady Kyozo.

Kyozo.

That motherfucker!? The one that almost killed her?! Oh hell no, she's fucking dead.

"Hmmm? Who're you?"

That voice was too familiar.

"Oh, your hood." Radioactive slowly turned around was met with gold almond eyes. "You're one of the lasts."

Radioactive was shocked by the sheer intensity of her eyes. They looked like a sheet of gold, crafted nimbly and then shot though with a bullet. Like a orange yellow citrine, much different than the dull toxic yellow of her own contacts.

"Lasts?" Radioactive asked before mentally slapping herself. Idiot. That sounds like something I should know.

"The ones who jumped ship when business ran dry." Kyozo said with a tone of bitterness. "Also, move, the small bridges aren't that strong."

Radioactive scowled before promptly walking onto solid ground.

"Go to that building." Kyozo pointed to a building next to the train station.

"Like hell I'm doing anything because you told me to." She snarled.

"1, It's standard procedure, and 2, I'll kill you otherwise." The amber eyed woman ruffled her bangs. It was then that Radioactive realized she had red hair the shade of blood roses.

She hesitated. There's no guarantee that Radioactive can win against Kyozo without her quirk, which would be a dead giveaway. Even if she managed it, she'll need to be in top shape if she encounters someone stronger.

She sighed. "Fine."

Kyozo walked past her in a way that was probably not provoking to a outsider, but to Radioactive it sure as hell looked like she was laughing at her. 

Bitch.

Radioactive turned her head, eyes narrowing on the half covered iron bar cage the assassins had wheeled in. Kyozo was walking down the path to the wagon.

Radioactive made her way towards the ominous building next to the train station. 

It was styled traditionally, with bamboo stalks growing around the towering house and a weathered red torii gate with faintly glowing wisteria flowers clawing up the beams.

A torii gate... a shrine? It looks so old... and that Kyozo, and the assassins from earlier didn't look entirely japanese. I bet they used this gate only for decoration.

Regardless, Radioactive still clasped her hands together, subtly nodding once and muttering.

"To whatever gods may be."

A random, black coil of energy surprised her.

'You fool. The Gods have abandoned this land.'

"Shut the fuck up." Radioactive needed whatever luck she can get. "Vague bastard."

Behind the gate was a small clearing. There was no grass, just bushes, orchids, and rocks. 

A stone garden. She realized. Unlike the torii gate, this garden is well kept. No weeds poked out from the pebbles, no bamboo grew past the ring of larger stones. A willow tree with faintly glowing flowers tied the look together. Fallen leaves float on the deep green of the koi pond. Lantern boats skim smoothly over the ripples of water. A stone step bridge arched over the pond and to the other side. A paved path lead to the towering building.