Chapter 40: Of the Past

I know ya'all aren't in the mood for a backstory reveal but here we goooo

This is the first time im writing from my phone so if the format is different please tell me and i'll fix it asap

Flashback

Radioactive POV

She drifted in and out of a black haze. Sometimes, the light would stream through her eyelids, lighting up her world with tones of peach. That happened sometimes. But most of the time she woke to pitch black surrounding her.

On what felt like the 40th time waking up, she felt something new. She was cold. That coldness made her open her eyes, blinking groggily as her vision adjusted.

Before she even saw anything, came the pain.

It felt like fire, hypothermia, and everything in between. It felt like she was standing on needles, breathing in needles, it felt like she was covered in them head to toe.

She screamed.

Distantly she heard a door open. 

It might have been a second, or it could be a millennia, but the pain began to subside. Her body numbed. It felt so good. The pain was gone. She slipped back into blissful darkness.

There was a beeping noise. Rei scowled, trying to pinpoint the noise. The blurriness was chased away by her pining gaze. 

"Reeeei!" Some extra called her.

"What." Why is everything so bright?

"I was wondering where you are." 

Rei narrowed her eyes, trying to recognize the person talking to her.

"What makes you think I know where I am?" She grumbled. Was the floor always yellow? That's such a nice color. Like cheese. No, what is she thinking? She hates cheese.

"Hey, are you high?" The person asks again. Rei was going to puke.

"Yeah, I'm fucking flying." She waved her arms to demonstrate. A jolt of pain went up her arms, and her vision turned red.

Rei blinked slowly as the pain disappeared. Tiny shreds of the dream clung to her mind. Her vision sharpened, zoning in on the four gray, cracked walls surrounding her. Her ear rang annoyingly.

The first thing she noticed in the dim lighting was that her hands and feet where strapped to a chair. 

The next thing she noticed were the tubes stuck to the skin on her palms and under her armpit.

With a jolt, she realized she was only wearing a oversized t-shirt that reached mid-thigh.

Where the heck is she?

She tried to explode the substance inside the tube, but it was futile. 

Rei can't use her quirk or move to remove the tuby things, and there was no guarantee that there wasn't a alarm set up to prevent that.

She wondered why she was assuming she was kidnapped. Rei blinked once.

Oh.

Oh shit.

Don't fucking panic.

Okay, with that out of the way, why the hell was she kidnapped? 

Rei looked down. Well, it's probably not a sex trafficking ring -she hoped not at least- but it could be a quirk trafficking place, if you looked at the tubes on her hands.