Chapter 7: Retribution ✅

"I'm no longer the Deku you labeled worthless! I'm... the Deku who always does his best!" Midoriya yelled.

Bakugo got up again. "You nerd... Now I'm really pissed!" he snarled with venom in his voice.

He paused as if listening to something before cursing. "Shut up and keep guarding! I'm really fucking pissed right now!"

Mai ducked into the hallway and resolved to find Uraraka. She didn't want to interrupt Midoriya's retribution on Bakugo. She knew from personal experience that sometimes it's freeing.

Then a voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Oi." Mai turned around to meet Bakugo's eyes. "Let's see what you've got, useless."

He lifted his gauntlet. Her eyes widened.

Before he could fire off an explosion, Mai ricochet off the walls and landed behind him. Taking her capture tape, she lunged at him and pulled the tape around his neck before kicking him in the back, driving his neck into the string. Not hard enough to kill him, or course.

Kinda blurry but i made it in a few minutes so yeah

Bakugo gagged. The impact sent him crashing down onto the tiled floor with Mai on top. She tugged harder, trying to knock him out. She panted, having not taken a proper breath before the move.

"Damn. This isn't working." She said after a few seconds and then took out a syringe from her belt. "Let's use a sleeping drug."

Bakugo cursed from beneath her. "You...!"

"Calm down. You should wake up in five or so minutes." Mai smirked, stabbing the needle into his neck as he thrashed around.

He fell limp after a few seconds, and Mai took off his gauntlets and tied his hands together.

"ONE MINUTE LEFT!" All Might announced from the speaker.

Mai put her hand on the wall, sensing for vibrations. Midoriya is probably looking for Uraraka. Uraraka is probably at or near the bomb.

She sensed something right above her. An engine vrring.

Aha. Mai looked up.

Before the building started rumbling.

She barely got herself and Bakugo's body out of the way before the floor and roof collapsed entirely.

"COMET HOME RUUUN!" Mai heard Uraraka shout and looked up. Debris and such were flying over the hole. She mentally cursed at her teammates' stupidity. If the bomb was real, that attack would backfire like hell. She knew from that once some heroes had tried to stop a nuke in moscow from exploding.

"THAT'S NO HOME RUN!" Mai heard Iida screech, panicked. A second later, Uraraka jumped over the hole.

"AND THE HERO TEAM WINS!"