Chapter 16: Lifespans

So solus lost purposefully to todoroki in the semifinals getting her third place

So now its hero name time :DD

Ps i wont be posting as much because state testing and stuff

Your POV

"Mai Suyuki? OMG can I have your autograph?" An excited girl with pink hair tied into a ponytail squealed. "It's so cool how you were fighting Todoroki! With those skates!"

You recalled how Mai had purposely broke her 2nd sword on purpose to use them as skating blades. It worked really well, especially because Todoroki frosted the ground to try to seal off her movements. Present Mic couldn't stop talking about it even in the next round.

There were some rumors about her quirk. One small side of the media says she's quirkless and the other thinks she's got a speed quirk.

"Oh! Of course!" Suyuki said, delighted. She signed the notebook the girl handed to her.

"And you're Y/n? Great job out there! That was a close one!" Someone behind the girl, presumably her father, said as he held up a thumb.

"A- Thanks." You used your illusion to make your face a shade pinker. You scratched the back of your neck. "It wasn't close..." You muttered silently, making sure it was at a volume where he could hear it if he tried. He didn't.

"Hey! We're almost late!" Suyuki nudged you. "Let's go."

"Okay! Bye!" You waved at the duo before running off.

"Wait. How late are we?"

"40 minutes until homeroom."

"We're five minutes away from the school."

Time skip

"No more Mr Mummy man, huh?" You said as Aizawa walked into the homeroom, bandages removed.

(Here comes the most common sentence in mha fanfiction)

"The old lady went overboard with her treatment." Aizawa shrugged. "More importantly, today you will formulate your hero names-"

The class suddenly began to yay.

"Not yet."

The yays stopped and were replaced with groans.

"These are the internship offers for everyone." Aizawa displayed the results on the board. "We have to go through this before hero names."

"As you can see, the top two grabbed the spotlight this year. It is usually more spread out." He stated, going down the first row, passing out packets with information and the internships. "You have the next two days to decide which internship to go to."

"Now for hero names." He finished passing the papers out. "Even though it isn't permanent for now, take this seriously-"

"OR YOU'LL HAVE HELL TO PAY LATER!" Midnight kicked down the door and burst into the classroom.

"She's going to judge your hero names, because I obviously can't." Aizawa sighed, unzipping his sleeping bag. "You better behave or I'll expell you."

Whiteboards were passed out. That was when you realized that you didn't anticipate this at all.

Well, Shit.

Obviously you can't use Shinigami as your hero name. Your quirk name, 'puppeteer' would work but your costume doesn't suit it.

Eh, I'll just modify it later. Then it's decided.

What about Solus? You glanced at her. Oh yeah. Nevermind.