Chapter 31: NiiChan

This time i actally know what i'm doing. This arc is completely planned.

Or, yk, it might just go off the rails a little bit. lol. Hopefully all this foreshadowing is helping me stay on track.

erm... my wifi went out monday. and i forgot on tuesday. so here we are

Unknown POV

She jolted awake, clutching the blankets tightly in her sweaty hands. Panting, the flashbacks played loudly in her head. She had learned a long time ago not to scream out loud. Her heart was beating painfully fast, filling her ears so loudly that she almost couldn't hear them.

Gunshots. The transparent tubes. His hand. Colorless liquid. 

Her blood boiled over in anger.

But this was different. The more times she had that dream, the more she was reminded that now it was a real possibility. She didn't care that she is being played like a pawn. She didn't care about making this worse. 

'NiiChan, when I grow up-'

"SHUT UP! I don't care! Go away!"

She breathed in slowly, like her therapist taught her to. 

'Forget about what happened, it's all going to be okay!'

If only they knew how big of a lie it was.

Solus POV

Day two. She was in charge of hand to hand combat stations. Currently, she was sparring with a member of class B. Itsuka Kendo. Her martial arts is decent for someone her age, but still not good enough for Solus to have to use her own style.

Solus dodged backwards as Kendo's hand grew in size, trying to grab her. She dropped to a crouch. Using Kendo's enlarged hand to shield herself, she ducked under it and used a familiar tackle to knock her to the ground.

"Keep your breathing even, especially when you're surprised." She critiqued, backing off.

Kendo got up. "Next!" Solus yelled.

"DIE!"

"You little-" She jumped up to avoid the explosion. Bad idea because the blast wasn't as smoky as expected. Bakugo spotted her quickly and took aim.

Oop. He's going to blast before I land. As soon as the thought finished, she twisted in the air, pulling off a series of barrage blocking moves. Heat dug into her shoulders, easily ignored, because she spars with Radioactive quite often. Hell, the lady set her on fire once or twice.

She landed unscathed.

"Your explosions are more concentrated." Solus commented. "Less smoke."

"Like I need your shitty compliments." He sneered, crossing his arms.

"Hmmm, maybe I need to gut that ego." Solus pulled out a katana from the sheath at her hip. The metal caught the sun in just the right angle, flashing directly on his face.

"Ow you motherfucker! You almost set my face on fire!" He accused, jabbing a finger in her direction.

"Oh." Solus laughed, swinging the katana upwards until the tip was barely half a foot from his face. "Is that better?"

"NO YOU BITCH!" He exploded. Thankfully Solus moved the weapon away in time.

"I will stick this katana up your asshole." She said with a cheerful smile.