Chapter 48: Finally, some goddamn action

I even broke the title pattern for this i am dying to write action.

Solus POV

The first attacker charged at her with (her opinion) all the grace of a dying horse.

Solus dodged the attack, careful to keep her face neutral, knowing the others are closely examining her moves. She finished the guy off with a high kick to the forehead as he ran past where she was a second ago. Her metal soles made a heavy sound against his head. He fell face first, unconscious.

"Come on, this ain't Japan's got Talent." She provoked them, extending her hand in a 'fight me' sort of gesture. "You don't stand a chance 1 on 1."

"Thanks for the advice, bro." The silver haired guy stepped forwards, eyeing her in a way that would've passed as 'checking her out' in a normal context.

"You aren't half bad." He tossed aside his sunglasses, revealing sharp blue eyes.

Solus froze.

Her eyes widened. She wasn't in the clearing anymore. The ground was no longer under her feet.

The weird sensation lasted less than a minute before a sharp pain was felt at the back of her head.

Solus blinked. Oh.

The reason she felt like her feet were no longer on the floor was because they weren't. She had been shot up 500 meters into the air. She instinctively shoved the katana back into its sheath.

Solus felt a shift in the forces around her, and the feeling of her stomach getting scooped out warned her a second before an invisible force slammed into her back from above.

Fuck.

Without warning, she was forced to a stop in midair by what felt smashing into a metal wall.
She gritted her teeth, feeling the urge to throw up.

"Hmmm? You're quite interesting." Solus felt her body being rotated to face the man, who was now floating right in front of her.

Judging by his energy output...

The man had white eyelashes. She focused on that instead of falling into whatevers up with his eyes again.

...He's definitely...

"Interesting. So you're quirkless?"

...weaker than me.

Solus's hand flew to her katana. It slid out in the blink of an eye, flashing in the moonlight as it beelined for the man's neck.

As fast as she had swung it, it stopped, just an inch from the vein in his neck.

Solus stared, shocked. However, this time, she didn't hesitate.

Still in the air, she kicked the man in the stomach. As expected, the hit did nothing. Solus was shot into the other direction instead.

This spot must not be covered with whatever the dude did to keep her afloat, because she fell past the point where he was standing in midair.

As she was preparing to use her break fall technique, she heard a crack in her left leg.

The other assassins!

She landed with a thud on the cold forest floor, crashing through a thin canopy of leaves.

Pain flared in her hips as she tried to stand.

No leaves were on the floor to soften her fall. She briefly wished it was spring, so that there would at least be mud to lessen her injury. But all that was there were the sun baked dirt of summer.